“Cosy in Jericho”

Cuisines: French, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I absolutely love this place! I've visited three times and eaten lunch there twice. The French-influenced food is simple but elegant; my husband and I always find the flavours to be spot on. Their three course lunch menu is an absolute steal at £13.50 and, as much as I enjoy their food, I have to comment on the warmth of the welcome at The Old Bookbinders; the staff are so friendly and accommodating - even when they are rushed off their feet. Add a lovely cosy atmosphere, well-kept beers and reasonably priced wines to the mix and you have yourself a real winner.

1  Thank Embo87

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The menu is amazing, the food that follows your decision is even better - whatever you choose won't be a disappointment. There is a range of drinks available, the staff are super. This pub is consistently excellent, offers a lovely atmosphere and it is family owned - a rare thing in this day and age. Definitely recommend booking if you want to eat though, as it is often (unsurprisingly) busy!!

1  Thank Isabella J
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I had the spinach crepe with mushrooms, tomato, cheese and egg. Delicious. My husband had the beef bourguignon and said it was a bit salty, but good. For dessert he had the lemon sorbet and it was good. I had the salted caramel gelato and it was amazing! Best ice-cream ever. Service, food and value were excellent. Would recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Busy Oxford pub hidden away in back streets of Jericho, I expected Morse' Jaguar to be parked outside! We need a pub for a meal but with the dog. Meal was great and dog was treated like a welcome gues with a bowl of water and a treat!

1  Thank TheRabble
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

As travellers on the canal meeting up with an old friend this was a perfect place to find. It is full of artefacts on the walls and immediately felt cosy and homely. The interior is decorated in dark colours but plenty of daylight comes through the windows. Staff were friendly and attentive throughout our meal. We arrived early enough for the set meal (before 7pm). There was sufficient choice on the menu and we opted for two courses at under £11: very good value. A large glass of Sauvignon Blanc is around £7.00 and of fair quality.
Several of us chose fish pie which was slightly watery but flavoursome and a good size. Vegetables are charged separately at £3.50 but one order is sufficient for two people. One dish on the menu was accompanied by new potatoes but strangely when asked if the mash on another dish could be swooped for new potatoes this was not possible but chips were available. The lemon tart was tasty and the only option for the pudding choice on the set menu.
We had a pleasant couple of hours and would certainly return.