All reviews sunday carvery blenheim palace oxfordshire countryside overnight stay cinnamon sticks small balcony christmas lunch comfortable room wedding party booked a table lovely hotel minute drive stayed for one night ample parking easy access very pleasant stay would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited a couple of times this past year. It gets better every time.
The refurbished bedrooms are amazing with excellent bathrooms.
The food is the lovely and very well presented.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming. As a lone traveller I felt very secure.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a table for two for myself and a friend. The welcome at reception was warm and friendly. In fact, all staff members were friendly and efficient. The carvery was well laid out and the food looked very inviting. It tasted very good too. Staff were very attentive to guests and worked very willingly to ensure that everyone had a pleasant time. The Irish General Manager welcomed guests and engaged with everybody. This was a nice touch. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geraldine_MGR77
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a two night weekend break, room allegedly recently refurbished, ok maybe the carpet but I can’t say it was dirty or anything like that in fairness.

Wondered why so cold night one to eventually discover window was out of shape with a big gap that I stuffed with a towel, tv worked when it fancied with no signal most of the time (photos attached)

Ate in the bar that evening but most of the items not available, even 5 or 6 pizzas on menu we couldn’t have.

Enough was enough, booked out following morning but receptionist couldn’t authorise refund on second day as manager not in. Chased a few times & had to send ‘chapter & verse’ at hotel’s request.

Eventually second day was refunded but frankly not sure why I paid full whack in the end for the first day, we were just that fed up we wanted to depart.

I cannot personally recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave-Croydon
SeanH3390, General Manager at The Holt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear David

I am sorry and very disappointed that you had to write such a bad review.
One of our many assets here is our excellent staff. We have reception, night, and
maintenance staff on duty twenty four hours. All we ask is customers to let us know
immediately if something is wrong, we respond very promptly.
The picture you posted regarding the window out of shape is not correct. The window
was just not closed properly. The TV aerial was not connected properly. Those issues
would have been solved immediately by our team had you let us know.
Regarding the bar menu, it was a very busy evening. All our pizzas are freshly made.
It was possible to run out stock. I do apologise for that inconvenience.

We are extremely proud of our excellent reputation for customer service and satisfaction.
I think the majority of our reviews confirms this. Regrettably, we were not given the opportunity
on this occasion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One night stay. We moved room due to thin walls/excessive TV noise next door. The new room; room 3, was smelly and crawling with ladybirds! Why weren't windows closed to avoid this? We then had to check 2 other rooms, which one was more suitable. It was very dusty, and the heater in the toilet did not turn off so the heat became unbearable. Wen were awoken around 5am with the neighbours alarm! I appreciate it's an old hotel, but thicker walls would be a great investment. We were then woken again at 7am with drainage from toilets and maids banging and stamping above us. Total nightmare after 12 hours of driving and just wanting to rest! The breakfast is awful, there's nothing traditional about it. Where's the meat? There was more mushrooms, hash brown and fried tomatoes available than there was any egg or sausage.

Please avoid.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

I am very disappointed and sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.
The hotel was full that evening. The weather was warm and guests do leave windows
open. Our room maids do not start work until 08:00am.
We provide a buffet English breakfast, we had all meats available. The buffet is constantly
filled with freshly cooked, bacon and sausages, etc. We are very proud of our breakfasts
and customers regularly comment on how good it is.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Met four school friends here for two nights while we visited Blenheim and Woodstock. Excellent venue as we were coming from different areas of the country. Rooms very comfortable, staff so helpful and cheerful, and food good. We ate in the restaurant on one evening and the bar on the other evening. Particularly helpful were the reception staff, who were able help us with internet connections on our phones. Internet in the hotel is not good. Plenty of parking. The hotel is a bit of a warren and our rooms were in various parts of the hotel which was not helpful when meeting up. I would certainly recommend The Holt if you are visiting Blenheim and Woodstock as it is a ten minute drive away.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends