Cotswold Lodge Hotel
US$342
US$298
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$155
Agoda.com
US$409
US$397
  • Breakfast included
Diana's Bed & Breakfast(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$116
Red Mullions(Oxford)
US$149
US$144
US$138
US$134
All reviewscity centrenorth paradebanbury roadno liftafternoon teacar parkcooked breakfastlovely hotelhotel barvisiting oxfordleave the carfull englishsingle roombus stopold buildingexcellent breakfastone night stay
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This is a great hotel to stay in while visiting Oxford. It is far enough away from the city to avoid all the tourist crush and noise but close enough to walk to all attractions. The old world look is very appropriate for Oxford and the property had a classic style while maintaining a friendly atmosphere. We took advantage of the variety of food and beverage options here. The bar menu privided delicious small plates in a less formal setting than the restaurant and the terrace was a welcome place to relax with a drink at the end of a long day of walking and sightseeing. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful but one in particular, Andrea, went above and beyond the call of duty when I discovered, after leaving the hotel, that I had left my mobile phone in the room. She went to a lot of trouble to send it on to my son who could then pass it on to me. I cannot thank and commend her enough for this. While the room we had was a bit small and dated, overall this was a very comfortable hotel with great facilities and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the original part of the hotel are more classic
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The rooms are small and without air condition, and you can hear every detail in the rooms over or next to you. The breakfast is without any structure. The first day no one followed us to the table and told us about the menu, so in the end we understood that we actually could order hot breakfast. The next day we waited for 20 minutes before the hot breakfast was served, the third day the hot breakfast was served,but no bread or coffee. Unbelievable unstructured. We also had dinner one evening- the same happened- we did not receive what we ordered and we waited a very long time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank FruBuer
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We are a family of 4 and stayed for 1 weekend night in July 2017 in 2 rooms next to each other (connecting rooms were not available).

The check-in experience was very good with a very helpful and efficient staff member. Both rooms were clean, of a pretty good size and the bathrooms were modern so we were happy generally with the rooms.

One negative point to both rooms (53 and 54) however was the temperature. The outside temperature during our stay was relatively high (20-22 Celsius) and the rooms had neither air-conditioning nor windows that could open wide enough to let in a breeze. There was only a small opening part of the window that was about 1/5 of the overall surface of the window and the rooms therefore felt stuffy all night and none of us slept particularly well.

Service at breakfast was a bit hit-and-miss with the greeter being very polite but our waitress seeming to be fairly underwhelmed by the whole experience of having to work on a Sunday morning! The range and quality of food on offer was decent though so no complaints on that.

I would also comment on the fact that the hotel still runs Windows XP on its point-of-sales terminals (and presumably its other computers). Since this operating system is (1) woefully out-of-date; (2) no longer supported by Microsoft for security updates; and (3) has been the target of many recent cyber-attacks; I did feel slightly uncomfortable handing over my credit-card but reception was pretty busy when we checked out so I did not make an issue of it then but if somebody from hotel management is reading this, perhaps they can consider when this issue could be addressed?

Room Tip: If you are visiting during the summer ask about the ability to regulate temperature in the room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rafsanchez
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed here for one night as I was in Oxford for my best friend's civil partnership.

My room was cosy and comfortable; it had everything you'd want really, from tea/coffee/biscuits/mineral water right down to a concealed trouser press! The decor is not my usual taste but was very sweet and appropriate for the location. It felt like staying at a posh nanna's house. The bathroom was spotless and everything was functional. I was delighted when I opened a curtain and discovered that I had a balcony overlooking the tranquil courtyard. I spent a good half hour stood on it looking at the stars and thinking about what a lovely time I'd had at the civil partnership.

Breakfast is great - quality and quantity - and is worth paying for. There's a continental buffet with fruit, cheese/meat, bread, pastries and cereal, plus you can order a hot breakfast on top of this at no extra cost. Nice attention to detail e.g. little jam stand. Breakfast room is charming.

The service was extremely helpful - staff were particularly accommodating when it came to leaving my luggage and checking in late after I got back from the reception. They then looked after my stuff the next day so I could spend the morning exploring. Each interaction was warm and relaxed in a way that came across as genuine and made me feel welcome. It really made an already wonderful trip that bit more special.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Our room was beautiful, spotless and very tastefully decorated, we felt comfortable as soon as we walked into the room. The Meal in the evening was amazing and the Waiter was very attentive and helpful, he even introduced the Chef to us who was a very jolly chap. The Breakfast the next morning was so good and enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and very easy to get to from the reception area and near the Bar area and also the Restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple