“excellent in all respects”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #34 of 690 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$16 - US$54
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This was our first Brasserie Blanc which opened over 21 years ago when Raymond Blanc was just a boy! Now with a truly beautiful new look, we are open every day from breakfast right through to dinner, and everything in between. We love it here in the heart of the Jericho area of Oxford where we serve real French food in our relaxed and welcoming, light filled space. The restaurant is always buzzing with our many regulars, new faces and the many tourists visiting this charming part of the city. Ask about our private dining room if you have a special occasion in mind or if you want a meeting space with great French coffee on tap.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Fabulous food, with excellent friendly staff in a nice area of oxford. I happily recommend to all , will definitely be returning.

BrasserieBlancOxford, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Nic and Steve W,

thank you so much for amazing review. Looks like we have a new regular customer which makes us extremely happy!

Please do email me at oxford@brasserieblanc.com next time you are around and I will happily organise a glass of wine for you and your guest.

Kind Regards,

BB Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Came to Oxford during Easter weekend and we decided to book ahead. Good job we did because this place is popular (it was full when we ate, and it's not particularly small) and having eaten here it was easy to see why. The service was friendly and efficient. The food tasted delicious and came well presented. One thing that we noticed compared to a lot of other restaurants that we've been to was, the gap between the courses was perfect. We seemed to have just the right about of time to digest and chat before the next course was delivered. Good menu and wine selection.
We would recommend this place to anyone looking either as a group or a couple. Finally for Oxford, prices were very reasonable.

Dear Ali921,

thank you very much for your amazing review. We are very pleased to hear such a nice feedback.

We are hoping to see you soon.

Please do email me at oxford@brasserieblanc.com next time you are around and I will organise a glass of wine for you and your guests.

Kindest Regards,

BB Team

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I have been twice in 1 month, both times have been really enjoyable.

Evening 1. Party of 8, Weds Evening.
The place was quite busy, always a good sign, but service was attentive and everything came out on time.
I had Rock Lobster & fries as a main, which was excellent. Colleagues also commented on how good their food was.
Dessert was the pistachio souffle which is one of the best desserts I have had in ages.
Draught drinks are a bit limited, but a there is a decent and cocktail list.

Lunchtime Good Friday; 2 of us, set menu.

We chose the set menu, prix fixe. The starter celeriac salad was imaginative. My main of cod was a bit meagre, but my wife's minute steak was generous and she enjoyed it.

Overall, well made food and good service. Recommended.

BrasserieBlancOxford, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Joe,

What a wonderful review, I am so pleased to hear you`re becoming one of our regular customers. I can not wait to welcome you and your wife back!!!

Please do email me at oxford@brasserieblanc.com next time you are around and I will organise a glass of wine for you and you wife.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We dined here last night for my birthday, starters and puddings were great, however the mains were highly disappointing. My friend and I ordered steak frites and our husbands ordered the burger. The steak was chewy however cooked as required medium to well. One of the burgers was almost raw, a good vet could have brought it back to life!
We returned our steaks and they were replaced, however mine came back rare and not cooked to my original order, it was very fatty and was still chewy and so I didn’t eat it, the manager was again informed and an apology made. My husbands burger was also returned but he didn’t want a replacement because he was put off. In fact he didn’t order a pudding because he felt ill. Very disappointed, wouldn’t expect this from a chef in an establishment associated with Raymond Blanc.
Front of house staff were excellent and dealt with the matter and the manager deducted one steak and one burger off the bill, which was appreciated however the poor food did ruin our dining experience and our evening. Not sure that we will be returning in the future after such a disappointing meal.

2  Thank Yvette L

Dear Yvette,

Thank you for your review and for responding to me personally once I contacted you regarding your experience!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed table meal with good service. A little bit out of the city centre but worth the walk. All the little extra can add up though and work out quite expensive.

BrasserieBlancOxford, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Miniminiblack,

Thank you for your kind words and we`re pleased that walking from Town Center was worth it for you.

We also offer an exceptionally good value Set Menu, 2 courses for £11.95 we hope you will visit us again and give this a try!!!

Please do not hesitate to email me next time you are around and I will organise a glass of wine for you and a guest.