Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$383.81
from US$91.06
from US$350.22
8,031 results
All reviews annual pass winston churchill butterfly house untold story day ticket formal gardens christmas lights the secret garden pleasure gardens state rooms christmas market at no extra cost stately home beautiful grounds gift shop entrance fee audio tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021 via mobile

I had a superb day at Blenheim. The highlights for me were the Upstairs and Downstairs tours. You have to pay extra but it was very well worth it. The groups were small and the guides extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. I had a delicious salad for lunch and then walked to the rose garden, arboretum and the cascades. I converted my ticket to an annual pass on arrival so hope to go back soon. Plenty of parking. A great day!

1  Thank mandybateman
BlenheimPalace1, Owner at Blenheim Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review Blenheim Palace and to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and explored so much of the Palace and grounds.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

Really unsure why Blenheim would’ve agreed to host this ‘art’ exhibition during the height of the school holidays!
Aside from the crazy wailing that everyone had to be subjected to whether we liked it or not…the couple writhing on top of each other all over the floor of the main hall, performing apparently ‘the kiss’ whilst hoards of young children are entering the building was beyond inappropriate!
Why not choose an evening session to do that?…seriously?!…we also had no warning at all so people had no ‘choice’ in the matter, which also seemed bizarre! (I’m a teacher and kept thinking if I’d bought a school group on a trip and that happened…nightmare!)
The lady letting us into the state rooms entrance was so embarrassed as our group was full of young families and apologized as we went in…!
Luckily we missed being accosted by the ‘swarm’ in the gardens, that would’ve really topped it off!…
I think there should’ve been way more thought put into the timing and appropriateness of this exhibition given the ‘clientele’ expected in the middle of august!
(Please don’t just post your standard ‘Art’ response that you have done in so many of the other reviews/complaints!)

Date of experience: July 2021
3  Thank RebeccaDaniel2000

Thank you for taking the time to review Blenheim Palace and to share your feedback with us. We value all our visitors opinions and are always looking for ways to improve our customer service/experience. I apologise for the art that was on display that particular day and i will be passing this feedback on. We hope you consider returning so that we can welcome you back again soon to continue exploring everything we have to offer.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed the short Churchill exhibition. However… our day was spoiled by “the swarm”. They were a group of live performers “humming” and making strange movements. They often blocked walk ways and got in the face/personal space of visitors. It was so so uncomfortable and we tried to avoid them the entire day. We also got lost finding the maze and had to walk an extra 20 minutes to even get there after walking round the entire back gardens. We also felt like the indoor self guided tour was too short. Don’t go back till the swarm have left!

1  Thank Megtraveling03
BlenheimPalace1, Front Office Manager at Blenheim Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Dear Megtraveling03,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us. Feedback and comments are important to us.

Customer service

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Downstairs and upstairs tours were enjoyable and the guides very friendly and informative and the gardens were beautiful but sadly we left earlier than planned due to what I can only descibribe as a cult-like "performance" from a group of people uncomfortably and inappropriately crawling around the floor in the main hall followed by weird, get in your head, humming/wailing in the courtyard. I actually thought they were going to be asked to leave as there was no indication there were going be any performances. How this constitutes as modern art I can't comprehend! I would have scored much higher if it hadn't been for the presence of that group and probably wouldn't have visited.

3  Thank helencN6398KV

Dear helencN6398KV,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit.

Lovely to hear that you enjoyed the downstairs tour when you visited us. Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our modern art exhibition that we currently have on.

Customer Service

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

I’ve been longing to visit the palace for some years and so was very excited to finally visit. The palace is stunning, and fulfilled my expectations, but I thought that the tour of the state rooms was quite short, and that surely there was more of the interior to see. I loved the palace, and grounds.
However, my overall enjoyment was heavily impacted by the performance art. I’ve read about the arts director since to try and understand what he was trying to achieve, and frankly it misses the mark. Much like modern abstract art, it’s for the few, not the many.
I understand that the piece was trying to convey how the a sense of touch and human interaction has impacted us during the pandemic, but a group of people wailing in a historical palace is not the setting. Thinking we’d escaped them once we ascended into the palace, I was shocked to find two of them wailing again in the vast hallway. I don’t think I’ve had a stronger urge to tell someone to be quiet in all my life. It’s like talking loudly or swearing in a library , you just don’t do it out of respect to others and the building itself.
I found my anxiety levels rising and then there were again, in the majestic fountains, leaving all around them baffled as to why grown adults were trying to drown themselves.
And then again, lolloping around on the grass by the cricket pitch.
If the aim of the art was to make people not want to interact or touch them, or cut their visit short, then it fulfilled its goal. I wanted to get away from them as it seemed so utterly pretentious, pointless, and vulgar.

Date of experience: July 2021
2  Thank NicolaMayR-H
BlenheimPalace1, Front Office Manager at Blenheim Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2021

Dear NicolaMayR-H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit.

We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit here with us at Blenheim Palace.

Customer Service