“New Years Meal”

Ranked #185 of 1,563 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$39 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in a converted school in Leopold Square, Strada in Sheffield is only a few minutes away from the theatre and the city’s tourist attractions, making it a hit with luvvies and sightseers alike. This popular Italian restaurant chain is famous for its authentic handmade pizzas - which are cooked in a traditional forno a legna wood-fired oven – and its extensive menu of rustic, regional pastas and puddings are made using only the finest fresh ingredients such as Parma ham, extra virgin olive oil and Buffalo mozzarella imported from Italy. Perfect for business lunches and cosy evening meals, you can’t go wrong with Strada’s successful formula of simple, tasty food combined with sleek design, friendly service and a buzzy, down-to-earth atmosphere. The proof, as they say, is in the pizza.
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We reserved a few months ago for New Years as we’d been before and enjoyed ourselves. Booking was for half 7 and the restaurant was busy but not overwhelmed. We had a lovely table and enjoyed the Christmas menu. The waitress let us know there was no Sea Bream which was fine but when I ordered the steak they said they had run out of that too. No problem as they’re both quite popular I imagine. The salmon bruschetta for starter was ok and the turkey for main was good. The music and scene was great and I think the 3 course menu for £22.95 was really good value for money. We’ll probably visit again but not till after we’ve been to other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

The sharing antipasti was really good, but my burger was very dry. I never ask for sauces in a restaurant but I just couldn't eat it without something to moisten it a bit. Had to wait 10 minutes and ask 2 different waiters before I got my mayo and by that time I had almost finished my food. My sons' pizzas were nice though, so maybe I just choose the wrong thing....

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Second visit here and overall it was quite good .
Starters of the shrimps were really nice .
My wife had the seafood pasta "Bang On " . Well I got the salmon ,which was excellent but I really didn't like the lentils ,just my opinion though .
Service was excellent throughout .
The place overall is really nice though and welcoming .
However for a lunchtime menu I thought it was expensive .When you pay over £40 for lunch . Please !

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Visited last night before going to the City Hall and the meal was lovely. It was very busy with Christmas parties but the staff were very efficient and friendly.
The food was hot and very tasty.
We’ve been here before though and it always seems consistent.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Yesterday evening was the second time we've eaten at Strada in Sheffield, and we've been delighted with the food both times. The Torroncino was the best I've ever tasted!

But what stands Strada apart is the service. We've recently eaten at Browns in Leeds, where the staff gave as good an impression of not wanting to be there, as I've experienced in quite a while. The complete opposite was true at Strada. The service from Daniel, and especially our waiter, Reece, was friendly and attentive. And that was despite them having a large Christmas party to attend to as well.

We'll definitely be back the next time we're in town!