“City Centre Hotel which is really good.”

Copthorne Hotel Sheffield
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I stayed in this hotel for three nights with a Tour Group - 22 of us. The room was excellent - what I call a business room - smart, efficient, everything one needs to hand. The breakfasts were excellent - again quick and efficient for the busy person. The evening meals were prepared for us especially, as we ate at a set time each evening and ordered our food in advance. Again, really good with an adequate choice. The best thing about the hotel was the staff - very friendly, nothing too much trouble, ask and it was given - and super efficient. If you want a city hotel in the centre of Sheffield I can recommend this one for reliability, efficiency and friendliness.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect for our visit - only used as a base as sightseeing all the time.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
CopSheff, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you very much for the Five Star Review you left following your recent stay with us.

Thank you very much for your generous comments about our hotel - we do try our very best and feedback like yours makes us feel very proud. I am particularly pleased to read your positive comments about the staff. I will be sure and put a copy of your review on our notice board.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Team Copthorne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Went to this hotel for one night on Saturday it was extremely expensive 196 pounds for a disabled room the air conditioning would not stop so it was cold adding to my already bad athsma bar staff were ill mannered and only the food and beverage manager was helpful and courteous the breakfast was not acceptable as everything was running out not enough staff for such a busy place we will never stay there again

Room Tip: The Hilton is a better alternative
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
CopSheff, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you very much for leaving a review following your recent stay with us.

I am clearly very concerned by the content in your feedback and would welcome the opportunity of speaking with you personally. Please feel free to contact me on tim.cadman@millenniumhotels.com.

In any case I will investigate your comments and where appropriate corrective action will be taken.

Tim Cadman

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel within a 20 minute walk of all the main city centre attractions. Free parking (rare in Sheffield). Well appointed rooms and helpful staff. Only drawback (assuming you are not a Sheffield United fan) is that it is right next to Bramhall Lane football ground so the traffic is murder if you're there on a match day. Also - bibles in the hotel rooms? What's that all about? Felt like I'd stepped back in time. Probably time to get rid of that outdated tradition.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CopSheff, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for the Four Star Review you left following your recent stay with us.

It is pleasing to read that on the whole you were happy with your stay and thank you for your positive comments about the well appointed rooms and the helpful staff.

Commercially match days are very good for us however I do appreciate that it can be frustrating if you are here for non football related reasons. As for Bibles in the rooms - your feedback has been noted.

If you find yourself in Sheffield again I do hope that you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here at the weekend. A great hotel to stop in if your staying in Sheffield.
Our room was big and clean with everything needed.
Great breakfast even though it was crowded and we had to wait for a while.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the Four Star Review you left following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that everything was to your liking with your room and that in spite of the wait your breakfast was great.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here last night for a football match . The hotel it's self is well positioned and very beautiful inside . We had a club room which was fantastic with excellent amenities . The problem was the breakfast , after being seated we waiting 20 minutes for someone to offer tea and coffee . Still no one had come even though everyone else had been given these. We had our breakfast and still no tea and coffee 40 minutes later,
I went to see the moron on the desk who told me I had to get my own from the end of the bar . This must have only applied to me as nobody else had done this . When I was getting my cup to get my own tea and coffee to which I have never done in a 4 star hotel anywhere in the world , I was told so sit down and it will be brought to me.
So I did and waited another 10 minutes.
I then got up and asked the moron on the front desk and again he said I had to get my own . What !!!!!!!
I gave up and left the restaurant .
Absolute joke !

Stayed: September 2017
CopSheff, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you very much for the four star review you left following your recent stay with us.

You have been very generous with your rating given the unacceptable service you experienced at breakfast. Please accept my apologies and rest assured that I will personally investigate your comments and corrective action will be taken.

Thank you for staying with us and please do consider us again should you find yourself in Sheffield again.

Tim Cadman