“Takeaway perfect ”
Review of Hai phong 99

Hai phong 99
Ranked #507 of 1,520 Restaurants in Sheffield
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I have to praise this place. This was my first time. I'm always a bit nerves trying somewhere new. The food was lovely, lots of flavour. I have to recommend the beef in black Bean sauce, melted in our mouth. Good value and generous portions. There's a few takeaways in the area this has to be the best.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We visited this restaurant for a Valentine’s meal at the weekend and we weren’t disappointed. We only noticed it a few weeks ago, even though we live in the area, so we decided to give it a go as it’s very handy, being within walking distance. We booked a table for 8 pm (although there was no need as it wasn’t busy) and we were the only people in, until a table of 4 people arrived a short while after. The waiters were really nice and made us feel welcome and almost immediately brought us a little basket of prawn crackers while we looked at the menu. The food was delicious (to say the least!) and reasonably priced. We will definitely be telling friends about this little restaurant and hope it does really well. If I was pushed to suggest anything critical though (sorry!) I would just say that the décor is very bland, with 70’s-style wood panelling and mirrors and not much else, which isn’t very imaginative for a new restaurant. But at the end of the day, it’s good service and quality of food that really matters, and this restaurant has both. We look forward to visiting again soon.

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions now and each time the quality of food and service is nothing short of perfect. the food is very tasty and excellent value for money,the owners should be very proud of what they have done and of the two young lads who look after front of house who I presume are there sons.tonight we opten for a takeaway in stead of sitting in and was really pleased that the food was of the same quality, the portion size is very generous and piping hot,and to my surprise when I got home with my order thay had given me a bottle of tiger beer to have at home with my foodsuch a fantastic gesture.i agree with one of the other reviews that food warmers in the restaurant would be a good addition but other than that this place gets a 10/10 on every level and the family and I very much look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal for my daughters birthday, the food was absolutely Amazing, the staff was so friendly and obliging, everything was spot on, and they even gave my daughter a bottle of procetto because it was her birthday, I will definately be going back on a regular basis, thankyou for a lovely time hai phong x

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Visited for my birthday Saturday 21st January 2017, party of 8

We were greeted with a warm welcome and didn't book a table, but this wasn't a problem, they made us feel very special.

We all ordered drinks and the service was speedy.

starters arrived very quickly and were lovely and hot. All the starters were amazing.

The mains were beautiful, the food is so good here, you can eat with chop sticks if you prefer or the British way, it's the best Chinese and Vietnamese food I've ever tasted, the portion sizes are very generous so we all took some food home with us, would be great if the restaurant had food warmers for the table, to keep your food hot while eating.

Just to top off the perfect evening I was given a bottle of prosecco on the house. A lovely birthday gift!

All in all a fantastic evening, I can't wait to eat there again.

The restaurant also offers takeaways and will deliver. There is parking right outside the restaurant if you want to eat in, there are plenty of tables

Thanks for a great birthday.

1  Thank flinneybee