“What a great shop. I had the”
Review of Cawa Coffee

Cawa Coffee
Ranked #90 of 199 Quick Bites in Sheffield
Price range: US$0 - US$4
Description: Cawa Coffee | Sheffield COFFEE : BAKERY Third Wave Coffee Movement Artisan Bread & French Patisserie Handmade Sandwiches
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a great shop. I had the opportunity to visit Cawa Coffee for the first time on recent visit to Sheffield whilst I was in the city for a job interview.
The coffee was sublime, creamy smooth never tasted coffee as wonderful. Served by a truly talented Barista. I had to indulge in a slice of raspberry brownie to accompany my coffee. This too was wonderful, my only criticism about the brownie there was not enough of it. Just starting to truly enjoy it and it was gone. Lesson for next visit my creamy coffee and two raspberry brownies. Believe me not being greedy when you taste this heaven made brownie you will agree.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (91)

Reviewed 1 January 2021

A great place with friendly customer service to pick up a coffee and delicious pastry.
(Attended in Jan 2020 T3 restrictions)

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 14 December 2020

I posted a review titled "coffee that tasted of coffee". On the back of this visit I put in a telephone order for brownies and cruffins as a birthday surprise for student daughter. I was assured that the goods would be boxed and ready by 10am on the day of the birthday. Phoned daughter told her to go to Cawa who had something for her. NO THEY DID NOT! Phoned mobile number that I had placed order on was told by manager he was not at work but they were there the previous night. He then said they were at the other shop in Fulwoood. Daughter then phoned to thank me for the Cruffin. Not the other 7 items that had been ordered and paid for. Called manager back and he said he would get it sorted. Then received text saying he was sorry and she was being given complimentary drink , it was never offered.
So order was not ready, was not at the other shop, order was eventually fulfilled but not boxed, there was no recompense. Not a good start to my daughters birthday.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 25 November 2020

OK it might seem strange to write "coffee that tasted of coffee" but so rare that I get a decent take away coffee that isn't wishy washy or tasted burnt. I had a custard doughnut that was fresh, well filled and had the taste and texture of real custard. Daughter was very pleased with the Cronut.
Staff very pleasant. Shop was clean and tidy

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 15 October 2020

Visited here for coffee & cruffins with my friend. The cruffins were obviously stale and not fresh, tasted like they’d been out for days and also tasted vinegary inside. There were so many flies all over the counter and by the fruit I lost count. Coffee was poor.. burnt taste, no attention to detail when it came to the latte art, terrible. There was an older women at the till who was also very rude, don’t think she was English and had blonde hair, the way she was speaking to other members of staff you could tell was putting them all on edge, absolutely no customer service skills what so ever. This cafe needs some serious work by the looks of things, after reading reviews I was reluctant to come but decided to make my own judgement. Belive the reviews, stale cake, poor coffee, extremely rude staff. Avoid.

Date of visit: October 2020