“Top Notch! Classy and welcoming with superb food and wine!”

Casanova Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #81 of 1,575 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$22 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The owners, Salvo and Angie with their friendly staff warmly invited us into their place which has a classy and fabulous decor. They greeted us like celebrities and took our coats to offer us a pew. The atmosphere is so welcoming and gave us an insight into real Sicilian culture - they really look after you!

The mouthwatering food we would describe as ambrosial; divine food of the Gods. Not too little, not too much. We had the Garganelli, fresh pasta tubes filled with cheese and tonnes of flavour. I highly recommend. A previous reviewer mentioned it needed sauce which tells me they have no clue when it comes to food when it hits their taste buds! We also had the seafood ravioli parcels, freshly made, delicious and plenty to eat - a very decent portion!

The wine can be described as ‘nectar of the Gods!’ Complimentary to the food and the owner has a great knowledge of what goes perfectly with each of the dishes.

The price is spot on again, it’s not cheap because they serve fresh, flavoursome, quality food, but not expensive either!

The place has been going from strength to strength over the last 20 years and was highly recommended to me by those who have enjoyed a slice of Sicilian paradise over that time.

We certainly will be back again, and again, and again!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I went to Casanovas last night with my family to celebrate my grandmas 70th birthday. We all had a great night. Everybody enjoyed there meal and the staff were extremely friendly throughout our meal.

My grandparents attend this restaurant for every celebratory occasion as they love it that much.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food fabulous service. I had the sea bass it was cooked to perfection and full of flavour. My husband and one of our friends had the cod and described it as being succulent and flavoursome and our other friend had the ravioli. The owner recommended a perfect wine and we had a lovely evening and look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Visited with my family over Christmas, found it to be very overpriced for average quality and small portions
Angie the waitress/ owner was overbearing and always at the table yakking away so no conversation with each other was possible.
Toilets basic and not too clean and have to pass the restaurant bins to get to them.
Wouldn't make a return visit.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Food was good and plentiful. I am a vegitarian and there was a reasonable choice on menu despite what a previous reviewer said. Nice atmosphere