Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$60
  • Pool
US$141
US$61
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$63
The Garrison Hotel(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$60
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$112
US$93
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$46
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$53/night.

US$58
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena) Hotel(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$61
PremierInn.com
1,147 results
All reviewsroyal victoriaexecutive roomold railwayrailway hotelsat navtwo double bedscity centremain barlovely old buildingoriginal featuresseparate showermodern bathroomlovely hotelpublic areaschristmas partyplenty of parkingroom was large
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We had seen this deal for 2 nights hotel with afternoon tea & dinner on the first night and B&B for both nights and tickets for Chatsworth House so decided that it seemed like a good deal. We struggled to find the entrance as our SAT NAV was determined to take us another route. It literally is by the turning for the Hilton Hotel but then you kind of go over a bridge type thing past the Holiday Inn Express and up to the top. There is a car parking fee which is not included in the package and if you require dinner on the 2nd evening at the hotel obviously this is to be paid for separate. We checked in and they asked whether we would like to have our cream tea then or whether we would like to go for a wander round town and have it later. We said if we could have it once we had been up to the room and sorted ourselves that would be great. They said that all we had to do was to go to the bar and tell them and they would bring it to us or we could have it in the study type room off reception. We decided to have it in the bar area. It was tea and cream scones and jam. It was nice, nothing exceptional but as part of the package it was fine.

We booked a time for dinner that evening and then went out for a wander around town. We came back and freshened up for dinner. Dinner was very nice, quite expensive if you were paying for it but as part of the package we felt it was good value but decided then that we would wander into town for the 2nd evening for our meal.

There was a wedding going on at the hotel and a lot of the guests seemed to take it upon themselves to sit on the stairs and children were using the lift as a toy so it was quite annoying when trying to get up to your room and they were not quiet either and in fact as we were facing the car park at the front they woke us up at about 2am when cheering and shouting and horn tooting was going on! This was not the hotel's fault but maybe they could of asked the guests to leave quietly and definately stop the children messing around in the lift all the time regardless of how much money was being spent by the wedding guests, the hotel guests had also paid to use the hotel and so should be treated equally.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice of a buffet style. We set off fairly early to Chatsworth House with our tickets for entry from the hotel as part of the package. There is also a £5 car parking fee at Chatsworth House which is not covered by the tickets.

We went out for our evening meal on the 2nd night and came back to a peaceful hotel and we slept well with no noise. Again breakfast the 2nd morning was very nice.

The hotel is quite an old building and has quite grand rooms.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear guest, many thanks for your kind review. We are very happy to read that your stay at our hotel was very good and that you've enjoyed the Afternoon tea, the dinner and the breakfast, we have a good reputation for our food offering, so we were very pleased you found the food very good. We were also delighted to read that you have liked our 1862 historical building and the rooms.
However, we are deeply sorry for the noise during the first night, I have passed your comments to the staff at our reception.
Once again thank you very much for your kind review, we hope to welcome you again in the near future at our hotel. Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Not a bad hotel, room tiny, chairs in lounge area uncomfortable & falling apart.
Food mediocre.
Would not go back too old fashioned for me.
It was ok as it was all booked for us we didn't book it but was quite shocked when we saw the room.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear guest, many thanks for your review. We are sorry for the issues you have experienced with the chairs and the food, they have been already discussed with our responsible staff. We are also on a programme of refurbishment going on which will bring our rooms to a very high standard. We hope to welcoming you again so you can enjoy our new rooms after the refurbishment process will finish. Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Stop there regularly when on a business trip in Sheffield. The hotel is nice, with spacious confortable and clean rooms. The decor a little dated in some of the bedroom. Modern bathroom. The building is grand and a lot if character was kept in the hotel. Very pleasant staff. Nice bar. Good breakfast. However the restaurant is a real let down. Would not eat there again. The food is over priced. I had a steak that was really overcooked and tough like leather. Sides were OK but nothing special. The selection on the menu was much smaller than on the display menu on the hotel wall. My recomandation is use the hotel and go eat in town for dinner!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear guest, I would like to thank you very much for the review. We are very pleased you have enjoyed the hotel and the room with the facilities. Also, we are on a programme of refurbishment going on which will bring the rooms and the hotel to a higher standard. I also express that I am really sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed our restaurant and the food. I can assure you that the experience you have had is not our normal high standard of service and I have already discussed the issued with the staff responsible. Please accept my apologise for this. I hope to welcoming you again to our hotel. Once again many thanks.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night for a business event being held there the following day. After having driven for nearly 2.5 hours and then queuing to check-in (long queue - they were going as quick as they could), I was looking forward to getting to my room and relax. I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. The room was quite big and very clean. The bathroom was lovely and modern, but the room's decor was more in keeping with the hotel's character, which I really liked! There's a nice flat screen TV, trouser press, safe, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Myself and my colleague ate in the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. Breakfast was very good, with a wide selection of food (full English, continental, cereals etc); lunch was equally as nice and then the evening meal was delicious! Overall, the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was delicious and the building was beautiful. I just wished my stay had been for pleasure and not business!

Dear guest,
we are very pleased to read your nice comments and thoughts about your stay at our hotel. It is always nice to hear when guests enjoy themselves and I certainly will pass your kind words to all my staff who strive very hard to provide the level of product and service that you had experienced.
Once again, many thanks for your comments and we do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria when you next visit Sheffield and when I can assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Visited Sheffield and stopped here for two nights location is great 7 minute walk from centre Amy on reception was very helpful and checkin was quick and my requests were all met.

Breakfast at the hotel was good with food being hot and lots to choose from from hot breakfast and yogurts and fresh fruit to pastries

Hotel does need to be refurbished as hotel looking very tired in some places and still unsure why hotel charges 5 a day for parking

Overall nice stop and friendly staff and room clean executive room and bed very comfortable with large bath room

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear guest,
Many thanks for your kind review. I will pass on to Amy and to the staff your nice comments. We are very pleased to read you have enjoyed staying at our hotel. We are on a programme of refurbishment which will bring our rooms to a very high standard.
We hope to welcoming you again very soon. Many thanks & Kind regards.