“Fantastic birthday meal!”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2015

My husband and I eat often at Viraaj - it's our favourite Indian restaurant. We had yet another lovely meal there this week when we went to celebrate my husband's birthday. The staff are always friendly and we were well looked after by Hussein. Food was delicious, as always. I love the pickle tray here - it's a little different from other restaurants. I don't eat meat and I love the wide range of vegetarian dishes they have to choose from. The food came quickly and it tasted amazing - obviously freshly prepared. Hussein surprised us with a free birthday drink after the meal which was really nice.

Will always recommend!

1  Thank discover-the-world85

Reviewed 28 April 2015

We have eaten here a few times, as a couple and with friends, so it made sense to offer a review. The staff are always very polite and efficient. They remember you, often by name and welcome you as old friends.

We have tried a few different dishes on the menu, recommended by the staff and we have never been disappointed. The food has always been well presented and very flavoursome.

Hussain is a real character and a pleasure to chat with. He made us laugh a lot and was really friendly, especially as he remembered my husband from many years ago!

It's a lovely little place to have some food as a couple or with friends.

Thanks to all staff for our really pleasant visits, especially to Hussain!

Sasha & Lea x

2  Thank Mrs_DLM
Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

Amazing little place. I've ordered to take away from here many times. Last night we ate in and had a lovely very cheery and attentive waiter. The food is always excellent and the service impeccable. I will be returning soon!!

1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

Excellent suggestion to try a new dish by Hussain. The whole meal was flavoursome really superb and the service was second to none. Our compliments to the chef. Consistently wonderful food. Zane & Julian Hill Sheffield

1  Thank Zane t
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

Our local Indian restaurant, so glad it is,been many times the food is always perfect, fantastic choices on the menu, staff always helpful with advice on different dishes,can't wait for our next visit

1  Thank paulwheeler001