All reviewscity centrecar parktwo single bedsa bit tiredno air conditioninggood sizeon site parkingbreakfast was includedtwin roomtea and coffeeself servicean overnight stayexcellent value for moneyfull englishtoiletriestramconcert
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a week as part of a business trip. I was allocated a room on the 9th floor.

Location is good. Quiet hotel. The older front office staff are very friendly.

However, and fortunately, it was not the best experience. Water pressure on the 9th floor is really week and when I talked to the front desk about it, the response of a young lady was 'oh it's normally like that on the 9th floor"!! which is not a response one would expect. If an issue becomes normal, then they better do s.th about it.

She promised to send someone to check it but no one did and no one updated me on the status of my complaint. It is an outdated hotel with old furniture and style. No safe and no iron. Breakfast was just ok. I am afraid would avoid this hotel in my next visit to Sheffield. If you really have to, I guess you can survive a week there.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Ian S, General Manager at Sheffield Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sheffield Metropolitan

Please accept my apologies regarding the water pressure, I have followed up your comments with the reception team. If you would like to discuss any of the issues further please do not hesitate to contact me on 0114 2204000

Reviewed 6 June 2015

Ideal for both the town, arena and medowhall. Tram 5 minutes walk away. Nice hotel standard room clean. Breakfast a bit basic but ok. Parking behind for just £3 I would recommend this hotel for anyone going to the arena and needing a overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catrina D
Ian S, General Manager at Sheffield Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sheffield Metropolitan

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to the Arena, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Sheffield

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Basically went to sheffield for a night out, stayed in the sheffield met hotel, the staff were fantastic and friendly as we all came in, they was helpful with ringing taxis, getting us a iron board sent up to the room. They changed both our rooms to smoking room straight away and put us next too eachother. The rooms were perfect. Clean and tidy. Not one fault of the stay. It was all round a brilliant weekend.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gibbzy91

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sheffield Metropolitan

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Sheffield

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Had a lovely overnight stay here when we went to see Take That. Very friendly, helpful receptionist, easy check in, rooms were clean and spacious with a very large comfy bed, lots of clean fluffy towels, plenty of pillows too. Breakfast was nice, cereals, toast, pastries and full English with tea coffee and juice. We both had a pint before checking in but at £8.30 for 2 pints we only had the one. The location is ideal, just down from the tram stop to take you to the arena and priced at £7.50 return for two people I couldn't knock it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to concerts and wanting to stay overnight.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Ian S, General Manager at Sheffield Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sheffield Metropolitan

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the fluffy towels, hope the Take That concert was equally as enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

Brilliant place for a cheap stay. Parking behind the hotel for £3 per 24 hours and secure! Rooms clean and staff friendly. A special mention for the lass behind the bar, a welcome relief having travelled for 5 hours back up north! Can't go wrong for a well priced hotel in the city centre. When needing a hotel on a visit to the homeland this will be the one!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sheffield Metropolitan

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass on your kind comments to the Restaurant Team