“Great venue”

Sheffield City Hall
Ranked #19 of 177 things to do in Sheffield
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This is the best place to see a band came to see squeeze they’re where fantastic great sound great views

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"stage"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Four of us went here in January to see 'Icons of the 80s'. When I first booked it there were only 2 of us going and then I needed to get two more tickets. As we therefore needed to move seat location I had to phone the City Hall box office. They couldn't have been more help and it was no trouble, they soon changed my seats for 4 together and sent me the new tickets via e-mail to be printed off.
On the evening the theatre and stage part couldn't have been better, we were on the end of an aisle and about 11 rows back in the stalls. The aisles were wide and the rows weren't too long so even if you were sat right in a row middle, the end wasn't too far away.
The concert itself was brilliant, everyone seemed to be having a brilliant time, mostly couples in their late 40s and 50s. The only gripe I did have was that the bar was undermanned and you had to wait ages to get a drink.
A superb venue, very easily accessible with car parking close by, and the train station not far away. Would certainly visit again and it really does seem to get very booked up.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Came last night with a group of 20 friends and it's got be be 1 of the best nights I've ever had, my cheeks are still hurting from all the laughing.
Anybody interested in going I would highly recommend this, fantastic night had by all.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Visited for a the gatecrasher classical event! A beautiful building, the ceiling is stunning! The sound was great! The orchestra were incredible! One of the best gigs I have been to! My only complaint (and this is a complaint with pretty much every concert venue) is the amount of bar staff, there could have easily been 2 more people per bar, when I have paid £60+ for a ticket I don’t want to spend 10 mins or more waiting to be served at a crowded bar. The only bar that serves draught drinks is downstairs and the queue was pretty big. So other than the fact I missed some of the concert due to having to wait at the bar for longer than I would like the venue is great! Wouldn’t hesitate to return for another concert.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We visited the venue twice in one day on our recent trip to Sheffield.

During the day we experienced a Vintage fair that was held in the ballroom. It was well laid out and although difficult to find, friendly security staff were on hand to guide us.

In the evening we attended Gatecrasher Classical event. The set up was incredible, the sound was on point, the lasers were mind blowing, the architecture was breath taking. It was an amazing experience.

The bars were well staffed and we hardly ever had to queue for drinks. It was fast and easy to get in with the usual bag searches. The toilets were clean, although the standard wait at the end to use the ladies like you would expect at the end of the evening.

If I lived closer (than a ten hour round trip) I would definitely look at other events at this venue.