“Too much iceberg lettuce”
Review of Pure on Raw

Pure on Raw
Ranked #295 of 1,527 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2016

As a person who follows a vegan diet, I was looking forward so much to eating here. Raw vegan restaurants are very rare, the website promised so much and it had been recommended to me by the proprietor of Insta Juice on the Ecclesall Road the previous day.
The starter arrived - "Nibbles". It was delicious.
For the main course - the "Korean raw spinach wrap" was unavailable so I went for the "Mystery Pocket" with salad. It arrived and it looked awesome. I was looking forward to a salad of kale, spinach, chard etc., Unfortunately it was nearly all iceberg lettuce. The "mystery pocket" was very tasty. The iceberg lettuce was left on the plate.
The dessert - cheesecake - was sublime.
My daughter, who ordered the "Mexican Twist" for her main course was very happy with her meal.
Next time I'm in Sheffield I intend to eat here again. Hopefully I'll get a better salad and give Pure on Raw 5 stars.

2  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Blink & you could well miss this little eatery located on the busy A61 Sheffield ringroad. More shabby than Chic inside, but clean & welcoming. Background music a tad too loud but not unpleasant. My companion wasn't too hungry so we chose a main vegan Pizza/burger platter to share & Korean based salad to take out, which didn't strike me as very Korean but absolutely delicious non the less. The smoothie & juice menu appeared expensive but very wholesome. Appears to be popular as a takeaway establishment with a number of people arriving to collect. Would definitely call again to try other dishes which looked wonderful.

1  Thank Jo Parkin J
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Loved my visit here. I am a vegan but have never had a full 3 course raw lunch before. My carnivore husband was a bit nervous at the thought! He needn't have worried as it was truly delicious, beautifully presented and the service was very good. Highly recommended

1  Thank Jonesey1965
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

The menu has a lot of variety which is always hard to find on a vegan diet. The food came out quickly (although it was quiet when we went in) in a decent portion size and the shakes were delicious! A great idea for a restaurant!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

What a tremendous spot to enjoy a lunch or dinner. The food is incredibly delicious and the owner was very friendly. I delighted in the Mexican Twist (11.50) while my daughter enjoyed the Club Sandwich (8.50). Both were very flavorful and satisfying. Though not so satisfying that I didn't have room for a little Espresso Cheesecake. My only recommendation there would be to leave the espresso beans off until just before serving as they were a bit damp and mushy. All else was absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to return in July.

1  Thank Kip S