“Fun, tasty, and nearly perfect”
Review of Bungalows & Bears

Bungalows & Bears
Ranked #220 of 1,539 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: We are a pub on Division street in Sheffield City centre. We do great homemade food, great beer and most importantly have great customers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not being local, we visited with friends who have moved to the area.
The decor, drinks and menu were all great, as was the service. A great range of burgers that we all enjoyed. I definitely enjoyed my visit.

The only reason for not giving full 5 stars was that we witnessed a member of staff pouring half empty mayonnaise bottles into each other to make full ones. It did make us a little uncomfortable, as if you are mixing sauces into different bottles how can you be sure all the contents are in date? As the date on the bottle no longer represents what is inside. I'm sure the venue is taking health and safety seriously, and probably the staff member in question was checking the dates whilst doing so, but maybe not do it in view of customers? Made me feel a bit ikky about using the sauces!

General Manager A, Manager at Bungalows & Bears, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review!

What burgers did you go for? It's really great to see that you enjoyed your time here, and like you said it was nearly perfect..
I can completely understand in your feelings towards witnissing the team member decanting sauces into other bottles- I, myself, would feel the same way if I was in a restaurant and saw that. Once again, I would be asking the same questions. We only top up two of our condiments, that's Ketchup and Mayo- these two are by far our most popular. Now we can actually guarantee that by the time mayo/ketchup comes into our kitchen from delivery to the date we chuck it, it'll be well in the best before date. We only accept sauces with a long lasting best before date, any sauces that are brought in with quite a quick turnaround will be sent back. Hopefully that has answered some questions, please feel free to email us info@bungalowsandbears.com if you have any other queries or would like to discuss further.

Hopefully this hasn't stopped you from coming back, we would love to make your time perfect!

Hope you've enjoyed your Bank Holiday weekend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sick interior- very nice leather and we loved the photographs of actual bungalows and bears on the walls
The burgers are of good quality but the sides are a little over priced
If I could recommend anything it would be dessets that aren't milkshakes

General Manager A, Manager at Bungalows & Bears, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi! Thank you for such a detailed and thorough review, it always makes our jobs loads easier! Great to see some big scores in there too!

Yeah i love our booth section we do our best to make it very cosy and good for getting away from the hustle and bustle!

We've worked hard to get our burgers to where they are today so its lovely to hear that you liked them! Again, we value all feedback so will take it on board about desserts, we do have sundaes that are to die for, maybe you missed them? DEFFO worth a try when you come again!

Thanks again and be sure to get online and browse through our social media for upcoming events, we've got a great quiz and a cool couple of gigs soon!

Dan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been a few times and the burgers especially are always good. It’s not the cheapest place in Sheffield so the slow service is a bit of a let down

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your review! It's great to see you enjoy our burgers, do you have any particular favourites?

I'm sorry to see that you thought our service was slow, when was it you experienced this? If I can get some more detail into your visit then hopefully I can get to the bottom of this, as we're normally spot on for service! If you would prefer to email or speak over the phone, our email address is info@bungalowsandbears.com and our number is 0114 279 2901

Look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Great beer and atmosphere, good service from the bar staff but the burger was just plain rubbish, bland and basic really which was a shame

General Manager A, Manager at Bungalows & Bears, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi Tom,
Thanks for leaving us a review, its great to see you enjoyed our beer and atmosphere. What beer did you go for? We've got quite a few!
I'm really sorry that the burger wasn't as great as everything else, may I ask which burger did you go for? Also, did a team member do a check back? If we are aware of a problem we will always try and rectify it for you.

If you would like to discuss anything in more detail feel free to email us on info@bungalowsandbears.com or give us a call, 0114 279 2901

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Visited during a business trip on the back of a recommendation from a friend.

To start, the service and selection of beers was fantastic. Wish I’d had more time to go through a few more of the beers! The old fire station is a brilliant setting.

On the other hand, got the Chewy Louie burger which was dry and lacked any flavour. The triple cooked chips were almost certainly defrosted McCains chips.

I spoke to the team and they were super apologetic; and on that basis I would definitely give it another shot when I’m next in town.

General Manager A, Manager at Bungalows & Bears, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Its great to see that you loved our selection of beers, its something we are take a lot of pride in, what beers did you go for? We've had some great Thornbridge beers on, the Mimosa is proving a staff favourite!
Its a shame that you loved our beer selection, but the food didn't quite meet the match.
I'm not sure what happened with the Chewy Louie, as that is normally one of the most popular burgers, I can only aplogise that you didn't get the perfect burger! I can also promise you that our triple cooked chips are not McCains chips.
I'm glad our team have made you want to give us another shot, next time you pop in I would definitely recommend either the fried chicken or the chicken wings, they're gorgeous!

Hopefully we will see you soon,