“Great food and great prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elmwood Farm

Elmwood Farm
Ranked #111 of 1,385 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food and great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Good selection of vegetarian food, quite good service. Meals were really big, really good value for money. Nice and modern inside just a little chilly despite the fire. Good family night out. Just need more parking spaces.

• Visited December 2013

Sheffield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty decent....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I've visited Elmwood Farm for the second time today. I'd previously gone with my friend for a long boozy lunch, which we'd thoroughly enjoyed, and thought the food was alright. Had better, had worse, but I was more than happy to return again. Today, I brought a three year old companion, so sat near the play area. I was impressed at the cleanliness of the play area, and thought it had a good selection of toys, computer games and activities. Since it was a weekday lunchtime, it wasn't packed....I can imagine it being hell on a weekend or evening! My little friend ordered the small chicken nuggets meal, and I had the macaroni and cheese. The child's meal went untouched, but there is nothing to suggest that this was as a result of the food, it's just a toddler's way, I suppose! Mine was really nice, much nicer than I expected. The pasta was well cooked and the sauce was nice and creamy. My one gripe is that there isn't any children's cutlery? I'd asked for a smaller knife and fork since my little friend had said that the knife was too big, but was told that this was all they had. A minor issue, but since they are preparing to cater for children, and parents are unlikely to bring their own cutlery, I do feel that this could be very easily addressed. Other than this, we had a lovely afternoon and took home two pieces of cake!
Not the pub's fault, but it can be difficult to navigate getting to there via bus, as we were today, but is manageable, so be aware if you're not travelling by car. I'm yet to try the carvery but do plan on it at some point, so will return. It a decent food pub, is clean, warm and inviting, and since they do food for a large portion of the day, it's worth calling in for Sunday dinner, etc, if you can get a table!

Visited December 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“early evening family meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very busy but time waiting for food to be brought to table wasn't any longer than expected. The quality of the food was fair but expect very large portions (wich isnt a bad thing). The drinks are quite expensive.

• Visited November 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nothing Great Just Average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Arrived here Sunday afternoon about 3:15 on the 30th November 2013. On first impression it's in the middle of what looks like a gloomy industrial estate. When we got inside it was so busy with lots of people hanging around the bar area waiting for tables, there were lots of tables empty but waiting to be cleaned but the staff didn't seem to be quick to be clearing them up.
The food bit..My Fiancé and I thought we would give this a go as someone had recommended it to be good and the puddings fab. This wasn't really the case our main dinners was medioca, my Fiancé had The Farmhouse Mixed Grill at £14:99, this was so overpriced for what it was, the amount of chips that that was on his plate was ridiculous this bulked it out to make it look as though it's a huge portion. I had the Fishermans salad and this was just heaps and heaps....and heaps of lettuce underneath more boring salad stuff, there was hardly any salmon and the prawns were tasteless, not a great salad at all.
I can't comment on the carvery but have had it at their partner pub Meadow Farm and to be honest it's nothing to rave home about, The Toby is much much better. The desserts here at the Elmwood look eye poppingly huge but they are just horrible, they are sickly and synthetic tasting. Overall I think it's quantity over quality and will not rush back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“Great food, great portions, great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We Travelled to sheffield today (my home town) to visit family, decided to go out for lunch, my sister suggested the Elmwood Farm a new place which they had tried and found it good, GOOD, it was great, lovely decor, really nice pub, great staff, good choice, even the carvery looked nice (not a lover of carvery ) and my sister and her husband said it was great, all the other meals were lovely, and the service was good to, And they have a separate area for families so if you don't have kids there not running around you. just wish there was one in Prestatyn, we would certainly be regulars!!

• Visited November 2013