2,743 results
All reviews champagne bar peace gardens privilege room ice room aroma room experience shower spa facilities winter garden spa break steam room lovely hotel city centre good size crucible theatre ncp car park q park great central location
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Stayed here with my family as we were travelling to Sheffield Arena. Its a great central location; 5 mins walk from the train station and 2 mins walk to the tea stop. Lots if restaurants nearby to choose from; as we didn't eat in. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. All of the staff we met were polite and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.
The spa is good; swimming pool, sauna, steam room; experience shower - all very nice. We didn't visit the Winter Gardens next door, but they looked lovely.
We'd definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield.
I was very pleased to read your detailed feedback
I do hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I stay at this hotel regularly, and whilst there are many good things to say about it - great location, modern decor, fast wifi, comprehensive leisure facilities - it is let down by its (deteriorating) housekeeping service.

When I stayed here a fortnight ago I got to my room to find a hair in the bathroom sink, as well as an empty shampoo bottle in the shower. An isolated incident I thought.... Unfortunately not, because today - the same again; I arrived at my room to find a hair in the bathroom sink.

Upon reporting both these incidents to reception I found their response to be relatively indifferent, and unattentive. As a Silver Rewards member I'd have thought they would have tried a little bit harder to put things right, but they didn't, and as such it is highly unlikely I'll be staying here again.

Furthermore, one of the two lifts has been broken for as long as I can remember (at least 10 months!), suggesting that this hotel has some serious problems with property maintenance and housekeeping, and for those reasons alone I don't think the Mercure can realistically call itself a 4-star hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Pete W
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Spa facilities and breakfast was great, the room was good but the TV dated. Very nice hotel, great features attached like the winter gardens and warm/cosy feeling throughout! Lots to do, very spacious so feels like your the only one there! Would definately recommend!

Room tip: best views are towards the peace gardens/town hall
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear Guest
I was very pleased to read your feedback and have noted your feedback regarding the TV.
I do sincerely hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We love staying at St Pauls’; it’s our favourite hotel and our fourth stay (22.10.16). For a four star the décor and fittings are gorgeous and the whole place feels luxurious. It’s the staff that make the most difference though. From reception to the cleaning teams, absolutely everyone is friendly, professional and welcoming. The maître d on the breakfast room did a fantastic job on Sunday morning and the receptionist welcomed us back. We stayed in room 434 which was fabulous. It was on the corner so dual aspect with great views overlooking the city and the countryside in the distance. As always, the bed was comfortable, the facilities a high standard and everything you needed was on hand. Breakfast is tasty and a really good choice and the cocktails in the champagne bar are delicious. I can’t wait to go back again.

Room tip: Higher floors have better views. Corner rooms lovely and light.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Guest
I was very pleased to read your great feedback and I do sincerely hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Firstly I will say you can't fault the reception staff or restaurant staff. We were treated with so much respect and nothing was too much hassle.
If you are expecting a high class hotel that the images and name suggests don't bother.

Travel lodge hotel rooms are of a nicer standard.

The price you pay for what you get in my eyes isn't great.

Room service the drinks were luke warm as was our breakfast we had ordered to our room.

The toilet wouldn't flush correctly and the toilet paper was like something from a torture film.

Once again you can't fault the staff. I made it known when leaving that I wasn't fully happy and the staff rectified it best they could.

The spa is nice but also looks like it needs some areas of improvement to fixtures and fittings, aswell as some one to check on the area more often as towel bins were over flowing, and used cotton buds were left on a shelf.

Trip type: Travelled on business