“Delicious ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, great prices . But noisy when busy . Ice cream to die for . Twenty four hour cooked meat, falls off bone

SmokeSheffield, Manager at Smoke BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi,

Thank you for a wonderful review, we would love to see you back again soon!

Many thanks

Team Smoke

Write a ReviewReviews (2,389)

Reviewed 12 January 2018

This is my second review of smoke, the first time I visited it was very busy, we had booked. This time we were the. Only couple in at 3pm in weekday afternoon, we went for husbands 50th Birthday, the server brought him a complimentary cocktail which was lovely, we had the shared platter at £35, very good value and the portion size was huge, we ended up very full indeed and taking a turkey leg home. The flavour of the various meats was lush! Service was very prompt. Nice touch with cup of savoury popcorn too.
I do have a negative criticism and I feel it is quite important, there was way too much salt put on the chips, I saw the chef put them in a big metal bowl and shake loads of salt on them out of some kind of shaker! They were really salty, ended up drinking water all night as we were so thirsty. That’s the only reason marked down.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for a lovely review, we're so glad you and your husband enjoyed his birthday dinner with us! Apologies about the chips being too salty, we'll bring this to the attention of the chefs.

We hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

A friend suggested Smoke for a early evening meal prior to a show at Sheffield City Hall.
Nice relaxing atmosphere with cheerful service.
As the name suggests all items a BBQ meats. All appear to be slow cooked, giving some excellent tender meat dishes. I had the Brisket which was great. Coupled with real chip shop style chips and some great side orders. Great quality and value for meat lovers.
We will be returning the next time we are in Sheffield.

Hi,

Thank you for a brilliant review, we hope you're back again soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This relatively new smoke house is in a great location, virtually next door across the way from several other eateries...St. Paul’s Square is shaping up to be a great location to dine.
Smoke BBQ is attractive outside and in, very friendly efficient staff...they know about BBQed food. The menu is a meat fest with a few veggies, salads and slaws to boot. Happily their fare is definitely not like eating an ‘old boot’, tender and tasty, the marinades ang sauces are excellent. Don’t get too carried away with the size of your order, the portion sizes are generous to say the least. Fire up the Barbie!

Hi Neil,

Thanks for a wonderful review, we would love to see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I visited smoke as it was recommended by a friend and the story I was told about the meat were true.. the amount of delicious food for the price you pay is well worth a look.. as I said the food was amazing and so juicy and my visit was enjoyed by myself and my partner but we have only 1 thing to say.. who is the rude and obnoxious woman who greeted us at the door?? She didn’t seam to know what she was doing and ushered us to a table and promptly vanished in what can only be described as a quick get away.. anyway, The food came out after about 15 minutes which is very reasonable to say how busy they were and we were impressed with the portion sizes (a little too much for my belly to take but thanks kitchen team) will come again just for the food!!

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for a brilliant review! So lovely to hear you enjoyed your food. Apologies that you didn't have a warm welcome at the door, we'll look into this. We hope to see you again soon.