“Best mocha I’ve ever had ”
Review of Steam Yard

Steam Yard
Ranked #2 of 61 Coffee & Tea in Sheffield
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: Steam Yard Coffee Co. Open 930am - 5pm daily. No reservations, no wifi, just good coffee. Everyone welcome.
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

It’s a really nice and cool place. Friendly staff and delicious coffee. Best mocha I have ever had!!

1  Thank Cris L

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

I frequently visit just to buy the vegan tiffin. Very reasonably priced and excellent service! I look forward to my next visit.

2  Thank Once Upon a Tim... i
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We've been here a few times now, and always find that the coffee is probably the best in the city centre and the cakes and food are fantastic. Much nicer than the muck thay the chain cafes chuck out.

The salt beef bagel is proper phwoar.

The cage seems to attract some of the hipster, bearded crew, but this doesnt really affect the atmosphere. The staff are reslly friendly too.

We'll be back.

3  Thank mpauld79
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I come here often. Love the lunch options delicious grilled sandwiches. Great coffee. Obviously love the doughnuts. However past few times i have been the doughnuts are half the size they were! They arent exactly cheap either. Bit cheeky really.

1  Thank Cato1111
SteamYardCoffeeCo, Owner at Steam Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hey Cato1111! Thanks so much for visiting. Glad you love the grilled cheese and coffee. Could we ask which donuts you are referring to; ring, filled or the Kronuts and Cruffins. We use small scale artisan bakeries for these and we'll be sure to pass on your comments.

We hadn't actually noticed any change to the donuts, if anything more recently they have even more filling and slightly larger. They are obviously made by hand and their could be slight changes each day but they're usually consistently a large donut.

And obviously if you're ever unhappy during a visit please let any of our team know and they'll look after you.

Thanks!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to Steam Yard for a few years now and always bring my friends and family here when we meet in town. Lovely coffee and food and friendly staff. My only gripe is that is always cold in there. The front door is always open which I can understand as this is where people queue, however the windows are open and recently the back door is open too. I assume this is to make it easier for the staff to serve outside. I don’t know what will happen in winter,because I don’t want to sit with a coffee freezing my behind off.
If they could get this sorted I might return but recently it’s just been too cold.

Hey Bornio! During summer and warmer days all doors are opened as customers find it can get too hot but as it's got cooler and winter approaches our main door (where the service area is) is the only door open at busy times to allow people to enter and queue without this it's incredibly awkward for customers. But all other doors and windows are closed (unless it gets too warm and we're asked to open them). With the expanded shop space we have plenty of seating away from the main entrance and if you do get cold please mention to our team and they'll close doors / windows where possible.
We obviously want everyone to be comfortable when they visit so any problems please mention and we'll do our very best to look after you. Thanks!