1,581 results
All reviewslovely groundssmall lakeleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomcity centregroupon deala bit tiredlovely hotelbar foodtwo double bedsecclesall roadsuperior roomroom was largepeak districtbooked this hotelvery pleasant staybuffet style
Reviewed 28 October 2017

It is always good to get away at half-term especially when the gloom of winter begins to take over. We often get up to Yorkshire at this time of year and particularly enjoy our time spent at Kenwood Hall. As mentioned by other visitors, the wonderful setting and lovely lake is just fantastic and well worth walking around, whatever the weather. Sitting with a glass of wine and gazing at the view is the best part of the day.

Our room was upgraded and quite spacious; unfortunately the lighting was very poor making it almost impossible to read or operate the safe at the bottom of the wardrobe. We asked for an additional lamp but there didn't seem to be any which fitted the sockets in the bedroom. Swimming pool looked good - we have used it before but didn't manage it this time. Bathroom very clean and immaculate and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. I am sure we will be coming back. Evie Bowring

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EvieBowring
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Kenwood Hall in September with my partner.

Our stay began with hilarity when we were directed by he receptionist to go outside to get to our room. After walking through the darkness and getting lost we returned to reception and found our way to the room with ease. I guess room numbers and signs help, not sure why we were told to go the outside way.

We arrived late (9.15) but the restaurant and kitchen were very accommodating and still provided us with an amazingly cooked 3 course meal from the a la carte menu. Easily the best meal I've eaten this year.

Breakfast was just as enjoyable.

We enjoyed the pool facilities.

The rooms were clean and comfortable although a little tired and outdated. We booked a superior suite but probably wouldn't bother again as although it was large, it wasn't anything special.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redross83
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful 2 night stay here whilst meeting up with family, room spacious to say the least, breakfast, as much or as little as you want, tea and coffee in rooms (biscuits too, nice touch) beds were huge and so comfy, shower powerful, clean towels and everything you need from shower gel to hairdryer and iron. Beautiful setting too.
The only negative..... corridors too hot...turn the heat down, you'll save a fortune.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank tmc43
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We booked this hotel for a one night stay, with dinner included. When we arrived at the hotel 2 hours before check in time, the receptionist told us that we had been upgraded to a Superior room and it was ready straight away. The room was huge, King size bed, sofa, dressing table, tea and coffee facilities, bottles of coke and kit-kats. The added extra of sliding patio doors leading to a large balcony, overlooking a small lake surrounded by trees. Being able to sit out there with a cup of tea and a biscuit was lovely. Room was clean. Spa area warm and clean, pool small but adequate, steam room and sauna both good. We had a lovely walk around the lake. We had our evening meal in the restaurant, the food was delicious. Only problem was that we couldn't manage dessert. Service was brilliant. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey W
Anthony R, Anthony Robinson-Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Tracey W

What a fantastic review and this is what we try to do, exceed all guests expectations and I can see we have done this. I would certainly suggest you return to try our delicious deserts they are to die for!

Anthony Robinson-Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The staff at the hotel really make the experience worthwhile. The restaurant staff are amazing, I am coeliac and they were so accommodating, the first place to make me feel like I didn't have to worry about finding food I could eat. Claudia convinced the chef to make me a dessert I liked, she is very friendly and warm. Zoe took time out of her day to print off maps for us and always made a point of speaking to us when she saw us. Daniela is also incredibly welcoming, she made us smile both mornings. The facilities are great, the spa and pool are small but lovely. The rooms are clean and spacious, we hope to return soon with friends!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel don't have a view of the car park
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank JodieLouise27

Dear JodieLouise27

I can certainly say we have a fantastic Restaurant team and this review clearly shows it. Each team member highlighted in your review is overwhelmed by your response to their amazing service. I do hope you will join the team many more times as we have a great new menu and wines to match!

Anthony Robinson-Rooms Division Manager