“Nice food ”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

This is the third year we have called in here on our return from Christmas at Chatsworth. We have always enjoyed the food and this year was no exception. I had the festive burger and gingerbread cheesecake for desert - I thoroughly enjoyed both. Other members of our party also enjoyed their meals. I have two minor criticisms, firstly, a very poor selection of real ales. Secondly, it was a freezing cold day and it wasn’t the warmest in the pub - they need to stoke up the fire a bit!

Andy C, General Manager at Peacock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Hi Jen_Andy_Lawson

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we're glad that you enjoyed the food! With regards to our real ales, these are on rotation, so although there was nothing to your taste this time, they do regularly change, so don't let it put you off!

Kind Regards
Andy C

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Good food when we got it sear ice was a bit slow and we felt a bit ignored between courses. The pub was nice a warm with open fires and the seating was comfortable sorrow to carry on but they require at least one hundred before I can rest

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We invited friends from away for a Christmas meal last Friday as we did last year. Last year was superb, food, service, lovely staff. This year a disaster. Only one poor fella service doing his best, Two wrong meals were delivered which meant the other two meals had to be kept warm. When the ducks breast were delivered they were extremely small and tough. My desert should have been warm with a chocolate sauce. The cake was lukewarm and no sauce was supplied. Result; apologies to our friends for a very disappointment and expensive meal. THE REVIEW REFERS TO THE CHRISTMAS MEAL AND THE MIXUP WITH THE FOOD DELIVERED.

1  Thank Averil H
Andy C, General Manager at Peacock, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am disappointed to hear that you have had a bad experience with regards to your Christmas meal during your recent visit to The Peacock - It is our aim that every guest leaves happy. If you are willing to discuss this matter further please call me on 0114 236 1789 or email me on 6219@greeneking.co.uk.

Kind regards,
Andy

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We went for a late lunch. The staff could not have been more pleasant, polite and obliging (despite three fussy people)! Oh that warmly welcoming fire that thawed your bones... And the food and drinks were excellent, too. No scraps for the cat or dog, I'm afraid!

Hi Rose B

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you again soon! (The fire's on all winter!)

Many Thanks
Andy C

Reviewed 28 November 2017

After a very long walk we had booked the Peacock for Sunday dinner as we usually get a great meal in lovely surroundings.

If you have not visited then I would do so as it is a really nice place, just don't be in a rush!

The service for a table of only 13 took for ever, probably waited 30 minutes for the first drinks to arrive and only managed 2 drinks throughout the whole meal as it was so slow.

Food was OK, not as good as usual, a number of people noted that their beef was too fatty and they couldn't eat it. Paying extra for a pig in a blanket was also quite a laughing point at the table, never had to pay for a single one before but there you go.

Will certainly go back again to give it another go as they have produced good food in the past and we do love the setting, will just go in a smaller group in future!

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am disappointed to hear that you have had a bad experience during your recent visit to The Peacock - It is our aim that every guest leaves happy. If you are willing to discuss this matter further please call me on 0114 236 1789 or email me on 6219@greeneking.co.uk.

Kind regards,