“Reassuringly old fashioned restaurant but modern food ; an excellent meal”
Review of Chez Maw

Chez Maw
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Maw is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Price range: US$21 - US$42
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With a sunny light-filled dining room and two AA Rosettes, Chez Maw restaurant in Shropshire is guaranteed to impress even the most fanatical foodies. Located in Ironbridge near Telford, Chez Maw enjoys picturesque views looking out over the parklands, gardens and the River Severn - ideal for post-dining strolls - and the understated dining room has been recently refurbished in a chic palette of vanilla and blonde wood. The restaurant has a brilliant modern British menu, and we love the pressed Wenlock Edge ham hock and parsley terrine with red cabbage and apple puree; the fillet of Welsh Black beef cooked in a shallot marinade served with potato fondant, buttered spinach and a poached egg; and the mocha panna cotta.
Reviewed 2 March 2018

I stayed at the hotel, and dinner was to be either a bar snack or in the restaurant, and I was advised on checking that should make a booking in the restaurant as places were filling up quickly.

I decided on the restaurant, and ordered a crab starter and seabass, both of which were excellent, I think the seabass was marginally ahead through its combination of flavours. This was followed by a sticky toffee pudding which was a little dry for my taste but accompanied with excellent treacle sauce and ice cream with a glass of dessert wine which worked extremely well.

The restaurant is rather old-fashioned in appearance and none the worse for that. It was noticeable that during the time I was in the restaurant, I did not see one person use a mobile phone, nor did I myself, in fact it would have seemed inappropriate to do so. The service was friendly and prompt and overall this was an excellent meal.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We booked a table at Chez Maw using their “Winter Offer”. Our group of 4 all chose different menu options all were well presented, tasty and hot. We all really enjoyed our meals and will definitely return, as we are local to the area.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant offers a touch of class in Ironbridge. Good old fashioned service and great food. This is one of the must-try places in Ironbridge. You will need to book.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for two nights using a Groupon voucher. The most important thing to say about this hotel is that all members of staff are delightful, which shows attention to detail in training from the management. Staff attitude made such a difference to the enjoyment of the visit. Heartfelt thanks to all. Very good meal with a particularly spectacular pudding: pistachio & almond chocolate tart served with orange sorbet, vanilla ice cream and a chocolate brandy snap. One of the best I’ve ever eaten. Very reasonably priced wines.

1  Thank Wonnie B
Reviewed 15 February 2018

My husband and I dined here on Valentine night as a treat. The service from all staff was very professional but friendly. There was a lovely relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant. We both had the lamb for main meal and it was cooked perfectly. We will be back.