Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
2,206 results
All reviews elemis toiletries balcony room leisure facilities swimming pool sky tv charlotte street walk in shower lovely hotel nespresso machine family room car park great facilities bars and restaurants reception staff central location city break fantastic stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

My wife & I stayed at the Apex for a night with a visit to the Thermae Bath Spa for her birthday. The hotel is excellent. We had a huge room with all the expected facilities and more. Superb walk-in shower, Nespresso coffee machine, huge bed, Elemis toiletries.

There is a small, but functional gym with Technogym equipment and a lovely, warm, pool. Whilst there is no jacuzzi, the pool has areas in it for sitting and lying that work in the same way as a hot tub. The steam room is as it should be, hot and steamy and the sauna is better than the one at the Thermae (in so much as it is a proper sauna). The only thing I would have preferred about the sauna would have been an exposed heater for adding water. Other than that it was great.

Breakfast was superb - full British: bacon, sausage, black pudding, haggis, eggs, etc. There was also a selection of breads, cereals, meats & cheeses, but the haggis made it for me!

There is no on-site parking. However, Charlotte Street long term car park is a stone’s throw and for Bath, reasonably priced.

All in all, the Apex was an excellent choice of accommodation to accompany our visit to the Thermae.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kypros-Dimitri
Amy R, Front Office Manager at Apex City of Bath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review. As a brand new hotel we are extreemlty proud of our facilities on offer to all of our guests so I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon and please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance with future arrangements.

Kind Regards
Amy Rowbotham
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 December 2017

At £250 a night for standard room for 8 nights was too expensive. We live centrally in Bath and want this hotel to succeed - we had our own family staying at our property. The breakfast was excellent, but bar food too imaginative and not good. The room we had after an offered upgrade was excellent. The first standard room 206 had a drain problem causing overnight smells. There is no parking which for visitors to Bath must be a real problem.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank IanH116
Peter M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Apex City of Bath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Dear Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. Thank you for the supportive comments, as a new hotel in bath we are hoping to bring some new and vibrant facilities to the city to be enjoyed by visitors and locals a like. I am sorry that you experienced a maintenance problem with the drain I will ensure our engineering team are informed and rectify the problem for the future. Parking as you are most likely aware is difficult in Bath and we are in support of the City Council's congestion reduction plan and recommend guests to use trains or park in the park & ride when ever possible. We are offering a valet service which has been very popular and we hope to expand this in the new year to accommodate more guests. Thank you again for your kind words and I hope your family have the chance to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Hotel is in a good position for visiting Bath. No car parking on site might be a problem for some guests. Room at the front of hotel we had some traffic noise from the window. That's the only fault we had with the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Phillip,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay in Bath with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry that you experienced some noise from the streets around us. As a city centre hotel we work very hard to minimize the noise experienced by guests and will continue to improve this as we develop. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you have the chance to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I was really pleased to find such a lovely hotel in a central location in Bath. I visited with a friend to do some xmas shopping and visit the markets. We arrived at the hotel earlier than expected to be told that our room was ready. The reception staff were very helpful on checking in and explained where all the facilities were.

We used the bar area on the first evening and found the drinks to be reasonably priced. The seating area was lovely and not too busy. We didn't use the restaurant other than for breakfast. I will say that they had ran out of some items and we needed to wait a bit but then we did arrive at 9.30am. There were the usual awkward guests demanding items and being impatient whilst the staff ran round like headless chickens trying to accommodate them.

We only stayed one night and wanted to use the pool area after our check out later in the afternoon after shopping. The staff were really accommodating and were more than helpful in taking our bags to the luggage room and leaving a note on reception to issue us with a pass for the pool.

The pool area was lovely....only comment would be perhaps a spinner to dry costumes. In saying that there were bags available for wet costumes. There was also towels provided and elemis products to use for the shower.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and almost don't want to give it too good a review as it will become too popular.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Peter M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Apex City of Bath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review on your recent stay in Bath with us. I am delighted to hear the staff and facilities met your expectations and the service you received was that to what we expect to provide all our guests. I am sorry to hear that during your breakfast you had to wait for items, we are working hard with our restaurant team to rectify this and reduce waiting times even during busy periods. I will be sure to pass on your comments for a spin dryer for guests swimming costumes as it may be an item we have overlooked in the design of the spa area. Thank you again for your amazing feedback, I hope you have the chance to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Welcoming, clean, great size room with a fantastic location for walking in to central Bath - room was very large twin plus double and still roomy, beds and bedding clean and very comfortable - no hotel car park but used the service offered for hotel to park the car which worked smoothly and not too costly. Recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our room size especially our twin rooms which feature 2 double beds. We unfortunately do not have our own car park but we do offer valet parking which you took advantage of as well as nearby local parking. Thank you again for the comments and I hope you do get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Peter Macey, Assistant Front Office Manager