“Outstanding ”
Review of Comptoir Libanais

Comptoir Libanais
Ranked #81 of 661 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We had the mezze plate and it was SO good. The service was very efficient and friendly. Will be going back very soon to enjoy a mother helping , especially the babaganoush.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Wow! Fantastically opulent and quirky decor, extremely friendly knowledgeable staff, delicious lemonades, mine with pomegranate and a large interesting menu for two middle eastern and Lebanese first timers. When the food arrived it looked absolutely stunning and was delicious. My aubergine fattet was rich with spices topped with natural yogurt, crispy onions and pomegranate seeds like jewels sprinkled on top. My dining companion had the mezze platter and each of the components was perfect. Highly recommended. I am looking forward to exploring middle eastern cuisine. I’ve even bought the comptoir linanais cook book !

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Eventually welcomed and seated after standing at the entrance for a moment as I wasn’t sure whether to just take a seat or was going to be welcomed to be seated.
Waiter that took my order could have been a little more enthusiastic/chirpy, maybe just having one of those days but this didn’t put me off in anyway.
Food wise great flavours and cooked very nicely, good portion on the grilled chicken but there could have been a little more rice to balance it out great presentation.
The chefs definitely have a passion or cooking as they worked well as a team in the kitchen.
Good place to experience Lebanese foods definitely recommend it for all.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful night we had here on 13th September.
We had booked the table as a surprise for our stepdad’s 65th Birthday. He had no idea we would be there waiting for him. We bought balloons with us and the staff were very accomodating with this. Whilst we were waiting for our stepdad and my mum to arrive we were offered drinks. The cocktail I had was incredible, the flavours were amazing and very authentic (it was a pomegranate juice, lemon juice, rose syrup and ginger mix which tasted like rose Turkish delights!). When our stepdad arrived with my mum he was wished a happy birthday and they were quickly offered drinks so that we all had drinks whilst we were ordering food. That was a lovely touch so that they could join us with our drinks.
Our waitress was Naomi, a lovely bubbly lady who made an amazing effort to make our evening perfect. She recommended and explained different dishes and gave us the best service whilst we were there.
The food itself was very well presented, authentic and the flavours were amazing. A big well done to the chefs for this.
As three of the family couldn’t finish their mains, we were offered to take this away with us - fantastic idea! This was boxed up and put into bags for us to take home.
We were there from 7:30pm - 10:30pm. We were never rushed which always makes an experience that much better (nothing worse than being rushed to finish your food and drink up and go!)
The decor inside the restaurant is beautiful and the toilets were incredibly clean.
This was my second visit here and both times I’ve had amazing food and brilliant service from the waiters and waitresses.
I will no doubt be back very soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic, authentic lebanese food and interieur!
We ordered a mezze platter for 2 and lemonades.
A Pearl of Bath.