“A little gem”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We had the Bento boxes. I had the eel bento and my wife had the special yen bento.

Both were delicious although I would have liked to have a bit more eel.
Service was excellent and efficient and I would definitely revisit again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Had lunch here because it's one of the few places serving sushi in Bath. It was truly disappointing both in terms of the food quality and the price. This is overpriced mediocre dishes masquerading as sushi. Many dishes are not truly sushi (raw fish and rolls) but rather bland dishes for the British palate (deep fried, fruits, etc). If you've truly had good sushi, you will be quite disappointed with this place.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Sushis are fine as long as you enjoy eating only salmon and tuna... not much choice here. Prices on the other hand are ridiculously high. £4.5 for 4 prawns, £2.3 for a tiny mochi, etc!
Not a real Japanese restaurant by the way... run by a Chinese team.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Conveyor belt sushi with some hits, some misses and some bland. Highlights: calimari; fried chicken; and tofu kara age. Gyosa were bland and too crunchy; rolls a little messy. All in all, a quick lunch with a fair amount of choice. Tip: look at the menu for more choices, squid tentacles were delightfully crisp.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Went to Yen Sushi as my bf loves sushi, however being vegan I was unsure what options would be available. On the menu however, I was pleased to see lots of options. However, after watching the chef prepare the meals in front of me, I noticed he didn't clean or change his knife and boards when preparing the fish and veggie dishes. While I know it's a fish restaurant, if they are offering a veggie meal I would expect them to change their equipment. Sadly I couldn't eat the food because of it.