Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$156
TributePortfolioUS$144
PricelineUS$144
Hotels.comUS$144
Orbitz.comUS$144
TravelocityUS$144
1,931 results
All reviews art bar manvers street perfect location lovely hotel car park booked this hotel afternoon tea one night stay breakfast was excellent my mum centre of town lovely room full english cooked breakfast abbey
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2021 via mobile

Just adequate - could be so much more.

Well located for the City Centre but feels like a step back in time for fit out, fixtures and general service.

Front desk staff are inexperienced. Attempts to use the Marriott App to communicate with the front desk are just left unanswered. No one to help with bags or even offer to assist with bags.

Breakfast is fine but again, orders have to be repeated or come back wrong.

Rooms are tired and in need of a face lift. Nothing like the pictures which must have been taken years ago.

Reasonable value but you may as well stay in a Premier Inn.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank taffysdelight
Josh Watts, General Manager at Abbey Hotel Bath, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your feedback from your recent stay.

I can only apologise that the experience you had was not a positive one. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the staff to the reception and restaurant manager. We will be sure to investigate this with them on how you could of been looked after better during your stay.

I am happy to hear the location for you was ideal for your trip and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 November 2021

Of the four hotels I stayed in during my October UK trip this is my only negative review.

Make no mistake this is just a Marriott hotel marketing itself as 'boutique'. My room (Standard Print) was small and drab. The window was frosted so no view or natural light added to an unpleasant stay. Not overly clean and the toilet paper holder was coming away from the wall.

I have to agree with other guests who remarked that the photographs and copy are quite deceptive. I'm a marketer but they have crossed a line in being misleading.

Only had one breakfast which arrived after a very long wait. and I paid a lot of money for scrambled eggs (without the salmon) on a piece of soggy toast.

I will say that the staff were all very nice. When I went to settle my bill I had been overcharged but this was quickly rectified.

The Abbey Hotel gives the illusion of a boutique but that is all it is. Chipped paint on the walls, badly painted, cheap accessories nothing holds up to close scrutiny.

2  Thank JBCConsultant

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your feedback. I am really sorry to hear your stay with us didn't meet your standards and I can only apologise for this. It is only with genuine feedback from guests such as yourself that allows us to do better for our guests arriving with us in the future.

We have been working hard to ensure that our maintenance team is always on hand if needed and will be sure to pass on your comments to them. It is feedback that is much appreciated and all points you have raised will be spoken about throughout our management team to ensure future and returning guests receive our best possible service.

I am happy to hear the staff were nice and helped you during your stay.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 29 October 2021

The location of the Abbey Hotel Bath cannot be beat. Beautiful historic buildings strung together into a modern a sleek hotel. Our room was smallish but not uncomfortable. It was on the top floor looking out over the back buildings which while not inspiring, it was very quiet. We did not eat anything in the hotel given the number of choices in the immediate area so we can't comment on that. The reception staff were slightly....how do I say it....aloof? Very young and not very engaging, but not unhelpful either. Would definitely recommend especially if using points for your stay (as we did).

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your feedback, I am really happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel's location. We are very lucky to have all of the city's attractions very close to us.

We hope you had a lovely trip and we hope to see you on your next trip to Bath!

Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

Over 20 of us had a business meal in one of the private rooms at this hotel (the Escape room it was called). The service was great and we had our own bar (the only down was that they wouldn’t do cocktails or shots). The vegetarian options (beetroot as a starter and cauliflower as the main) were lovely!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave your feedback.

I am so happy to here you enjoyed your time in our private room for you event. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our events manager and her team.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your guests again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2021

Nicely updated interiors and rooms.

As it was my birthday (thank you, thank you!) we were upgraded to a Gallery Room. And also received a card, cupcake, and fudge chocolate.

Our little doggie was equally well looked after with bed and water bowl.

However the room didn't appear to be much bigger, though it was nice room with a lovely view of the square opposite.

From the layout of the hotel and reviews, it appears rooms are far from standard. Rooms at the front are probably ideal (but note Bath is a fun town...not as bonneted as you might think...so noise in the evening...but always nice to hear people having fun and made for good people watching in the rain from our large picture windows!)

The hotel is very centrally located within minutes of the Station and all the decadent sites. If you are parking at the recommended Southgate centre, probably best to drop off luggage first (especially if you are lucky to have so many birthday presents...)

We had one issue with a room service order. Which was initially not handled well at all. Far from. However, the issue was dealt with, apologised for, and more than made up for. What you would expect from good service.

But it was a good Bed, Bath, and Beyond!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to give some feedback on your stay with us.

I am really happy to hear you were treated for your birthday with a few small touches on check in, I will be sure to pass your lovely comments back to our reception manager and his team.

We hope you enjoyed your birthday trip and hopefully see you and your guests again on your next trip to Bath.