Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
US$149
US$172
US$130
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Brooks Guesthouse(Bath)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$117
Harington's Hotel(Bath)
US$100
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$108
PremierInn.com
US$384
US$277
1,250 results
All reviewshop pole innwedding coordinatorwedding venuebuffet styleminute drivelovely buildingwater pressurelocal pubkippersstayed for one nightfour poster bedtwo night stayshort breaktea and coffeebiscuitsvisit batha lovely stay
Reviewed 9 May 2015

This is my forth trip to this hotel... but this time it was a let-down.

The check-in went okay, as expected: I like hotels that have all my details printed out ready for me to sign, rather than those that expect me to rewrite all the information that was previously communicated to (and emailed back from) the hotel.

On this particular stay I was given a room on the second floor mid-way between both staircases, so either route worked out the same distance. The corridor outside my room smelled a bit off, a stink mixed in with a conditioner fragrance as though rotten linen was currently being laundered, and this smell lingered throughout my stay but never wafted into the room so didn't really bother me.

On the first night the bar area was somewhat busy so I ordered a pint and a curry and sat over in the larger lounge (using one of the higher tables to eat from, the low tables are quite cramped for meals) but after nearly 40 mins my meal hadn't arrived, even after enquiring how long I should be expected to wait. The barman apologised profusely and offered me a complimentary second pint for my troubles (which I took) and when the meal eventually arrived it was quickly demolished, being how hungry I was, and was pretty tasty. For the remainder of my stay, however, I headed to the pub further down the road (Hop Pole) to eat & drink.

Checking out was a bit chaotic. I noticed my final bill had a breakfast added to it, which I hadn't taken (my reservation was for room only) and when I queried it the receptionist silently took the bill, vanished into a back room then brought out a reprinted amendment without any apology nor word of explanation. Studying it closer I also pointed out my second drink offered by the barman should have been complementary due to the long meal wait - at which point he again just snatched it up, vanished out back to bring out yet another reprinted one, branding in front of me in complete stony silence whilst awaiting my signature.

I got the strong sensation that correcting these errors were a huge inconvenience to him and he disliked customers pointing out the hotel's accounting mistakes. I've had first-class service from this place on prior occasions, but this recent experience has shown just how downhill it's gone. It's a lovely hotel with scenic views, but for the amount I'm paying for a room I'm not willing to suffer poor customer service in that way - I won't stay there again, sadly.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PreacherKane
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Dear PreacherKane

Thank you for your considered review following your return visit to our Limpley Stoke Hotel, I would like to firstly, sincerely apologise for any standards that fell below your expectations and our own very high customer service and hotel standards. I would also like to assure you that we pride ourselves on the level of service we offer and that we will ensure a similar situation will not again arise again in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and will help to identify areas that our guests feel could be improved to enhance their overall experience and enjoyment.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that I have sent you a direct message via TripAdvisor so that we may discuss your stay in further detail and so that I may offer my personal apologies and investigate your comments in full with the hotel management team. I do hope you will consider allowing me to discuss your stay in person with you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel and I do sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may exceed your expectations and offer the level of service and standards that we pride ourselves on and that you have encountered on your previous stays.

Kindest regards
Senior Operations Manager
Latona Leisure Group

Reviewed 8 May 2015

I love this hotel! My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for three nights. It was a special occasion - my birthday. On arrival we were impressed by the location and when we got to our room were impressed by the view. Beautiful countryside! And so quiet. There was a wedding in the hotel and we were worried about noise, but we should not have worried as we were assured at reception that we wouldn't hear anything, and we didn't! Wonderful! I really can't fault the place. Service was fantastic, staff couldn't do enough for us. All really lovely. The room was well decorated and had a really comfortable bed. Great shower too and fab white fluffy and good quality towels. Great breakfast also. A couple of buses run from nearby into Bath, but not on Sundays or a bank holiday as we found out! The train station is a bout a mile away, but as the weather was not great, we decided to take the car into Bath each day and paid £10 - £15 per day in the Cricket Club car park. Nice to get away from the city to the hotel in the countryside afterwards (about a 10 minute drive).

Room Tip: We were in room 61 - great view and nice and quiet.

Dear fionaj64

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent 3 night break at our hotel, I was delighted to read that chose the Limpley Stoke Hotel as a base for your visit to Bath to celebrate your birthday and that you both thoroughly enjoyed your whole experience.

I will be sure to share your review with everyone here at the hotel and I know they will be as pleased as I was to read that they could help enhance your stay.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back againwhen next in the area and should you require accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website so that we may personally assist you and assure you of our low rate guarantee and another enjoyable and memorable stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 May 2015

We chose this hotel as we were staying on a bank holiday weekend and the hotel prices in Bath itself were prohibitive. I was at first concerned that we might be quite a distance from Bath itself, but on arrival, the peace and tranquillity of the hotel and surroundings far outweighed the distance from Bath (10 mins in a taxi as bus service not operating at the minute), that in fact, instead of going into Bath on the first night, we ended up having a drink and meal at the Hop Pole Inn at the end of the drive.

I have read negative reviews about the hotel on this site, but, to be frank, find them a bit unfair. It is a beautiful 300 year old building and any negatives there may be about room size, rickety lifts, outdated carpets are far outweighed by the tranquil surroundings, beautiful building and friendly staff.

We did not dine in the hotel, but if the food in the dining room is anything like breakfast it will be very good.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Room 28 is very comfortable and has wonderful views
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2015

Dear Vicki M

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that both you found the hotel perfectly located and full of character. Many of our guest rooms offer wonderful views out over the local countryside and it is always a pleasure to read when our guests have had the opportunity to experience the area of outstanding natural beauty where we are lucky enough to be located.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to all of the dedicated team at the hotel that helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope that you will consider staying with us again when next in the area and should you require accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website so that we may personally assist you and assure you of our low rate guarantee and another enjoyable and memorable stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 May 2015

A last minute stay whilst meeting up with friends over from Canada in Bath. Couldn't find a room in Bath itself, so chose this hotel and it was GOOD (but not very good!!!). It's only a 10/15 minute drive from the centre of Bath and so well placed to take in everything that Bath has to offer. The receptionist was very helpful and offered us a choice of rooms. The room we chose, No 52, was not huge and not particularly well appointed as it was at the rear of the hotel over looking a 'prefab' building, but it was perfectly acceptable, clean and with everything needed and a comfortable bed. We were going to be late back so literally just wanted somewhere to rest our heads!!! Breakfast was a typical buffet style full English which again was GOOD and gave us the start to the day that we needed. Would we stay again? Yes.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear GAR4898

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us and helps us maintain and improve our standards and services and I will be discussing your comments with the management team here at the hotel so that we can continue to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for choosing our Georgian period property for your stay in the Bath area and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Should you require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or visit our website as we would like to assist with any future reservations and assure you of our low rate guarantee.

Kindest regards and thanks

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

We got married here in May 2014 and the day was absolutely perfect. The service we received from start (on booking) to finish was superb, we couldn't of asked for more. Katie (the wedding coordinator then) was brilliant and so helpful. The day ran so smoothly and all of the guests said how wonderful the hotel and staff were and how great the day was. After such a wonderful experience, we decided to come back to the hotel to spend our first anniversary there. Once again, the service was fantastic. The meal we had in the evening was delicious and perfectly cooked. Room was lovely and again, very helpful and friendly staff. Will defiantly be back and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear H_mays

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel for your special day in May last year.

I was delighted to read that your return visit met and exceeded your expectations and that once again the dedicated team here at the hotel could help enhance your stay with their helpful and friendly approach. I will be sure to share your comments with the management and staff and I know they will be as pleased as I was to read your review.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel for your stay in the Bath area and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Should you require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or visit our website as we would like to assist with any future reservations and assure you of our low rate guarantee.

Kindest regards and thanks