Tasburgh House Hotel Ltd
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
US$113
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Harington's Hotel(Bath)
US$100
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$144
Orbitz.com
US$108
PremierInn.com
US$169
Elvoline
US$384
US$277
All reviewshardy roombronte roomcanal towpathhomemade granolatow pathcontinental breakfastlovely walkwalk into townwarm welcometop floorbeautiful gardenvisit bathlittle touchesdrawing rooma wonderful stayboutique hotelmy mum
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Our travel agent booked us a lovely cuadruple room at the last minute as we had to change our plans unexpectedly. The house and the gardens are beautiful and the personal attention by the proprietress and the manager was most appreciated. Bathroom was small yet clean and modern. Towels were thick and plush, but there were no wash towels. Beds were comfortable. TV was small-ish but totally adequate. Breakfast was fine: great homemade granola, some cheese, toast, ham, juices, etc. Enjoy it in the sun room for a delightful experience. I was surprised and rather disappointed, however, to find out that standard breakfast fare such as eggs had to be ordered and paid a la carte...considering the rather hefty nightly rate and its 5-star rating, some eggs, bacon, and other (inexpensive) warm items could be included without breaking the bank....especially when so many other places offer it... it just felt petty, what can I say? Another detail that surprised us –again, given its 5-star rating– was that we had to log my wife's and daughter's suitcases upstairs, even though the manager did help me with mine. Unfortunately, we couldn't sample their dinner menu as the kitchen was closed by the time we got there.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Susan K, General Manager at Tasburgh House Hotel Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Amiel,
Thank you for your feedback. Overall I hope the positives to your stay outweighed the negatives and that you will return to Tasburgh House in the future.
In regards to our supplement charge for cooked breakfast items - we feel that our Continental selection is more than ample for a great start to the day, and was included in the cost of your room. The cheese and cold meat selections are all locally sourced as our the strawberries and our leaf tea choices are our own blend, as are the freshly roasted coffee beans. We felt that the extensive range of the fresh continental items along with unlimited coffee, tea and local bakers bread for toast justifies the need to offer cooked items from the menu at a fair additional cost.
Drawing attention to your comment about the luggage handling, I apologise that Dalit and Eden felt they had to carry their luggage themselves. I do recall offering to help with their luggage but as you were out at the car, I had to run some food to a table, but said I would assist with their luggage as soon as I had finished serving. If they had left their luggage in the reception I would have happily delivered it to your room once I had dealt with the guests in the dining room. I made this clear at the time, because we always offer to help carry our guests' luggage.
Grant Atkinson , General Manager and Susan keeling, Propietor

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the Elliot room. The B&B was very nice with a giant beautiful garden which would be great if you like downtime reading or resting outside.

Sue and Grant were very attentive hosts. Sue was even able to sit us for dinner our last night, although we hadn't given proper notice. We both had a chicken curry and it was divine as was the soup.

The continental breakfast in the morning was really good, including homemade granola and a variety of cereal/fruit. If you wanted a hot breakfast that was also an option for purchase.

I only really have 2 criticisms of this B&B. The Elliot room was quite stuffy so we had to keep the windows open the whole time. This wasn't an issue for us, even with the light rain, but if you are scared of sleeping with the windows open (no screens) on the ground level, you should be aware.

The second thing is that this B&B is quite far from Bath proper. It's a good 1.25-1.5 mile walk (uphill coming back from Bath). The other option is through their garden pathway, but the path hasn't been cleared in a while so I would not recommend going that route.

Overall this would be a great place to stay if you're really just looking for a few nights away from it all. Maybe not so appropriate for tourists looking to explore Bath itself.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Renee,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you found Eliot room a little stuffy and If you had dialled '0' or simply mentioned it to a member of the team at reception, we would have happily provided you with a fan.
Most of our guests enjoy the walk (downhill) into Bath through the gardens and along the canal tow path, however, we did suggest that the route back (uphill) is better achieved in a taxi! This is why we provide guests with the number of a reliable taxi company (on your map) or call taxis for you ourselves - again all you had to do was ask.
We encourage guests to use our facility as little or as often as they wish and we're pleased that you were impressed with the services we offer. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Grant Atkinson, General Manager and Susan Keeling, Proprietor

Reviewed 14 June 2016

This was not our first stay at this hotel...we stayed at Tasburgh House last year and had a wonderful time. We recently visited again and our expectations from our previous visit were met, matched and even exceeded (although we didn't feel this would have possible, having had such a wonderful stay then).
From the moment you enter the tastefully decorated reception area and are warmly greeted the experience is second to none. Sue (the Proprietor) and Grant the Manager make you feel instantly welcome and at home. Nothing is too much trouble. Indeed, all the staff are extremely welcoming and professional.

Our room was elegantly furnished with antiques and only the best quality linen.

The breakfasts were delicious and once again the service was second to none. The whole dining experience is a treat in itself as once again the attention to detail is superlative.

We tried the lovely walk along the canal towpath into Bath on our visit this time - I would highly recommend this, particularly in summertime.

It was wonderful to once again sit in beautiful surroundings on the terrace with a glass of wine (the view and the immaculately maintained gardens are an absolute treat and in my opinion a MUST for all guests)!

Once again thank you to all at Tasburgh House for a wonderful, relaxing stay in your exquisite hotel and grounds.

Debbie and Chloe

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens and terrace but all rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Susan K, General Manager at Tasburgh House Hotel Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Debbie & Chloe,
We're so pleased you enjoyed your third stay at Tasburgh House, it was a pleasure to have you staying once again. Thank you for your positive feedback and kind review. We will continue to look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit!
Grant Atkinson

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Easy walk to Bath, beautiful gardens, and also easy to just wander out into the countryside from this hotel. Great food, Great hosts. Lovely view from the balcony of the town and surrounding hillsides. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Shawn & Katherine,
We're so pleased you enjoyed your time here, thank you for your review. We hope you managed to get back to the US safely.
Grant Atkinson

Reviewed 10 June 2016

My sister booked this hotel as a surprise birthday treat for me and mum. She couldn't have chosen better. The hotel and grounds are stunning and so peaceful. The walk along the canal was beautiful. Relaxing in the garden in the evening with a cocktail was lovely. What really makes your stay though are the staff. Very well run, well presented and greeted us like old friends. Nothing was too much bother for sue and grant. You really made our stay comfortable and relaxing. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I next visit bath.