Royal Hotel
US$182
US$164
US$187
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Restaurant
The Bath Priory(Bath)
US$288
Hotels.com
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
US$81
US$71
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,372 results
All reviewstrain stationcream teawowcher dealtravelling by trainbath spa railway stationground coffeemanvers streetspa packagebreakfast and dinnersuperior roomroman bathsbiscuitsthermae sparestaurant stafflovely hotelexcellent locationeggs benedict
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Stayed at the Royal Hotel for a long weekend. My friend and I arrived by train and the hotel is directly across the road from Bath Spa Railway Station, so no car necessary for our visit. The hotel is in the town centre and you only have to walk a few yards to get to all the necessary attractions to enjoy the Bath experience.

I would recommend this hotel for it's central location, comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

Room Tip: If in doubt talk to Reception before arrival, as they're very helpful.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Booked as part of the spa package. Hotel was great and so were the staff, especially Tim. Very close to the station and in the middle of town. The cream teas and breakfast were especially good. Will definitely be booking again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Will A
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an overnight stay in this lovely hotel.
The staff were so helpful and friendly.
The customer service was amazing !
The choice of food was fantastic both for the evening meal and the breakfast the following morning.
The rooms were clean and tidy with shower ensuite.
Tea and coffee facilities in the room with a cafetière and fresh ground coffee !
Very comfortable bed.
I would highly recommend a stay here and will definitely be returning !!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I recently visited with my sister for a weekend and we were both thrilled with the customer service we received.

We spent a large amount of our visit exploring Bath however every time we returned for the hotel we were greeted by Seb in the bar, who was 10/10, he was so easy to talk to and made us feel like were with friends. We chatted to him before and after our meal and he even gave us a big hug and wished us safe travels before we left!! We also loved chatted to Millie and Tim on reception. I cannot begin to explain how much we loved the staff here!

We will definitely be returning asap!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank wtraveller981
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We recently visited the Royal hotel in Bath. Previously we were hugely impressed by the food both variety and quality.
On this occasion we had dried up steak, uncooked lamb with fat that was still thick and white and indigestible, days old pastry and dried out bread.
The menu was very pretentious, definitely style over substance, the vegetables varied from raw with carrot tops still attached to overcooked and tasteless.
Our supposedly quiet room overlooked the main road. The lifts failed all the time we were at the hotel.
This establishment needs a lot of attention.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
PatronHandR, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

I was really disappointed to read your review, given you have stayed with us before, and you clearly know that the shortcomings on your last visit are not the norm.

I would like to make the following observations:-
Should a guest feel unhappy with a particular dish it is replaced immediately, no questions asked. When a guest requests a well done steak unfortunately if it is served well done it will be dry likewise if a dish is asked for rare it will be pink, as in the case of the lamb. All of our vegetables are fresh and whilst some guests prefer al dente vegetables, and others well done, we do try to hit a balance between both and obviously on this occasion we did not get it right and for this I apologise.

The issue with the lift is very frustrating as the engineer has been out on two separate occasions. He declares that it is in working order and then shortly afterwards the problem recurs. The issue is centred on the second floor and when the lift opens on this floor it is not totally aligned to the ground level thus creating a lip which could cause a guests to trip if they did not see it. The engineer has now ordered a new part (which is unfortunately coming from overseas) which will rectify the problem.

All guests who have been allocated rooms on the second floor, have been advised of the problems with the lift prior to their arrival by Heidi, our Reception Manager. Plus every guest has been offered assistance to the second floor with their luggage on arrival and on departure.

Once again I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your visit and I hope that knowing it is not the norm that you will stay again.

Mike MacDermid