Royal Hotel
The Bath Priory(Bath)
US$195
US$145
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$107
PremierInn.com
US$388
US$311
1,374 results
All reviewstrain stationcream teawowcher dealtravelling by trainbath spa railway stationground coffeemanvers streetspa packagebreakfast and dinnersuperior roomroman bathsbiscuitsthermae sparestaurant stafflovely hotelexcellent locationeggs benedict
Reviewed 17 April 2018

April 2017 my niece and I had a wonderful stay midweek, this year however we went with my other niece and my sister Friday to Sunday, the noise level was horrendous it sounded like students chanting and yes I appreciate you pay for people to curtail the noise, had I realised how bad it was going to be I would have booked a midweek break again. I was advised that the lift was broken but had thought that it would be fixed by Saturday as was suggested to me in the email. Regarding your comments of a 'mischievous untruth' you owe my sister an apology, check with your staff! I asked if there were quieter rooms available we all have very pressured jobs and we came away for a relaxing break had we been offered accommodation at your sister hotel rather than the offer of earplugs, which we were given, we would have been packed and ready to go in 10 minutes. The free parking available there together with no additional £60 per room would have been gratefully accepted. Moans over! The food and service in the restaurant is marvellous 5 stars for that.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
PatronHandR, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for your review which follows the review posted by another member of your party ( your sister ? ). I have now had the opportunity to fully investigate the accusation that issuing ear plugs to our guests is a " common occurence " and the suggestion that other guests were offered them at the time of your stay with us . This is an incorrect accusation and false statement . On Saturday morning members of your party came to reception and complained to the receptionist who was on duty at that time ( Tim ) that you had been disturbed by noise from the street during the night and wished another room at the rear of the hotel for the second night of your stay . Tim, who has only recently joined us , politely advised you with apologies , that we could not provide alternative rooms as the hotel was full. On noting your diappointmemnt at this news he wanted to be helpful and took the very ununusal step of offering to "get" you some ear plugs which was accepted by members of your party . Tim then arranged for another member of staff to cover reception whilst he went to the local Boots Parmacy to purchase with his own money three sets of ear plugs for your party , and only your party . He took this helpful, but incorrect, initiative without consulting me and I have only just now become aware of it. Therefore the insinuation that our hotel regularly provisdes ear plugs for our guests because of noise is categorically denied. During my 12 years as General Manger of The Royal we have never offered ear plugs to guests . Although we are a city centre hotel we rarely receive complaints about external noise and all windows in rooms at the front of the building have secondary glazing to mitigate noise . With regards to the lift unfortunately were in the hands of our lift repair contractor who was awaiting a spare part . The lift in fact was repaired on Monday and is now working efficently .

Thank you for your kind compliments regarding the quality of our food and service and of course our lovely , helpful and friendly staff who we are enormously proud of .

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Incredible value and right opposite the train station.
Staff friendly and efficient.
Expect some noise because of the location but this hotel is about a third of the price of others so what would one expect.
Stayed in decent rooms with windows that open.
Nice and safe close to the station and 11am check out

1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I and three friends booked a hotel food and stay package through the internet. We knew we would have to pay a supplement to stay at the weekend but after spending 2 sleepless nights I believe the room rate should be lower at weekends. I know the hotel is not to blame for the excessive noise outside the hotel but their reassurance that 'it isn't like that during the week' should indicate that they know about the noise issue and should do more to advise customers. I heard others complaining and believe they were offered ear plugs so it is obviously a common occurrence. How can they justify charging more for the weekend. The supplement for the 2 night was £60 per room, so for our 2 rooms £120 extra. Will be spending my money elsewhere

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
PatronHandR, General Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thanks for your review albeit I was very disappointed to read that you and your friends were disturbed by excessive noise outside of the hotel.

Although we are a city centre hotel we receive very few complaints about noise from hotel guests and, therefore, I am disappointed that on the occasion of your stay you were disturbed.

We contribute at a considerable cost to the Bath BID organisation who arrange for “night rangers” to patrol the streets in the vicinity of The Royal late at night and early hours of the morning in particular when people are leaving a nightclub which is located 200 years from the hotel The presence of these night rangers normally ensure that there is no noise to disturb our guests. We are taking up this issue with Bath Bid to find out why on this occasion their staff were ineffective.

Please accept my apologies

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The Hotel was just OK the lift didn't work and the rooms were too hot in the night and we could not open a window

The Hotel is close to the shops and all the main areas of Bath but we will not return here again

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the review.

Unfortunately our lift was not working on the occasion of your stay due to our awaiting a spare part from Germany but all guests booked in have been contacted by us to be informed of this inconvenience at the same time informing them that our staff are happy to carry their bags to and from the bedrooms.

With regards to your not being able to open the window I am at a loss to understand why this is the case as all of our windows are functioning properly.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Just checked out of this hotel and will be going straight home to catch up on the last 2 nights lack of sleep. On the plus side this hotel has friendly staff and good food but nothing can make up for the utter misery of 2 sleepless nights. Myself, daughter, sister and niece booked in for a girlie weekend. We both had rooms at the front and the noise outside was so bad we asked to be moved for our second night. There were no rooms available but the hotel did supply earplugs. They didn't help. To really upset us more we were charged a £30 per room per night for the 'privilege' of staying at the most noisy time of the week. £60 A room. £120 for the two room!!!my advice..stay someone quieter and spend the money on cabs.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

I was disappointed to read your review and as already explained in my reply to the review from one of your friends, who also complained about the noise, we do have an arrangement for night rangers to ensure that our guests are not disturbed late at night or early hours of the morning and I regret on this occasion they did not do their job effectively.

With respect you are quite incorrect in misleadingly saying our hotel supplies ear plugs - this is a mischievous untruth.

Had you wished to have stayed in a quieter hotel we would have been able to offer you accommodation in our sister hotel the 4 star Bailbrook Lodge which is located on the fringe of Bath in a very peaceful location surrounded by gardens.