“The Vaults - superb food & great setting inside Bath's Theatre Royal!”

The Vaults Restaurant
Ranked #310 of 612 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$20 - US$28
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2015

My fiancee and I recently visited this fantastic restaurant (Thurs 21st May 2015). We had a most pleasurable 3 course meal at this beautifully secluded location. Tucked away inside Bath's Theatre Royal, the ambiance in the Vaults was fantastic and the service was great. Food arrived promptly and both of us thoroughly enjoyed each of our courses! Overall this restaurant was fantastic value for money and we would definitely recommend a visit for anyone visiting this historic city. Our message would be to go and find this hidden gem.

1  Thank JNArmstrong
Simon H, General Manager at The Vaults Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Thank you for a such a great review ! we are truly grateful that you have taken the time to review our restaurant.
Hopefully more people with now stumble across our 'little gem' and start to visit.
Next time your in the area it would be lovely to see you again!

Thanks,

Simon

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Staff and service very good. The quality of the food was better than we expected. Give it a try as a pre theatre meal. It got our night off to an excellent start.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Vaults.
I am very please to hear you enjoyed your evening with us at The Vaults and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

The Vaults Team

Reviewed 8 May 2015

Dined for the first time at this restaurant last night pre-theatre.
Let me start by saying that the staff were very friendly and helpful, service was also very good.
Food was distinctly average but ok. The big letdown for me was the wine. Ordered wine by the glass as this is a place to grab a quick meal before the theatre. Tried a Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon sold by the glass and found both were dreadful, had to leave them.
My husband tried the Shiraz, again dreadful.
A restaurant in the Theatre Royal should be serving better wine than this. It reminded me of the wine offered 20 years ago when everything by the glass was awful.
To the manager - if you sold better wine, people would drink more and return.
We will not return as we enjoy a NICE glass of wine with our food and you did not provide this.
It's a shame as the setting is rather lovely and convenience superb.

Simon H, General Manager at The Vaults Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Any feedback received is important to us here at The Vaults and we are always looking for ways to improve our business.

Over the past couple of months we have identified the need to upgrade and to improve our wines to meet with a standard that is expected here at the Theatre Royal. We fully understand that the current wine list is in need of improving and i am pleased to say that we are currently implementing a new wine list and that it should be in place in early June alongside our new summer menu.

I do hope you will return to sample the new wine list.

Kind regards,

Simon

Reviewed 1 May 2015

Went to the Vaults this evening for a pre-theatre meal. Nice ambiance, prompt service, nice starter of warm goats cheese. Foolishly then chose a roasted tomato and basil tart for my main course, which duly arrived with a couple of salad leaves and 4 spears of sprouted broccoli. My friends had fish with assorted veg and potatoes and a large portion of risotto, but my MAIN COURSE WAS SMALLER THAN MY STARTER.
What there was, was nice, but you seriously have to choose something that explicitly states what it is coming with, as if it doesn't mention sides, you ain't getting them. My advice is to avoid

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Very good food and good service with a much welcomed pre-ordered coffee served during the interval - we will definitely be back!

1  Thank wen635