“Chateaubriand to die for!”

The Brasserie At Lucknam Park
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brasserie At Lucknam Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Spur of the moment visit here again. Menu just changed so tried asparagus as soldiers dipped in a Burford Brown soft boiled egg. Yummy. Shared a chateaubriand and to say the medium cooked meat melted in your mouth would be an understatement. Very filling so shared a chocolate mousse with a morello cherry sorbet. Accompanied by a very quaffable Chilean Merlot. Exceptional meal in a very modern setting. Not the last visit by any means. Well done.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We were there yesterday for a birthday lunch and as always the food was perfect, the service exceptional and the environment relaxing and comfortable.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

The service here is first class and most of the food is excellent. We had the Valentine's Day special menu - a lovely crab starter, a steak which I have to say was not the best I've ever had and a sharing plate of churros and strawberries which was a bit meagre. I actually left feeling hungry and I have a very small appetite. The ambiance and decor is very nice and I enjoyed the evening over all.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

A repeat visit, and as before a total pleasure.

Excellent food. Andrea's charming and extremely knowledgeable help with our wine choice was a high point. She was endlessly patient and keen to ensure that my wife on her 80th birthday had exactly the wine that suited her. Natalie's service was friendly and professional.

The only disappointment was the duck terrine. Nicely presented but not much of it and it was tough. I understand others have made a similar observation. I spend half the year in France and I get better terrines from my local LeClerc supermarket!

An observation: one in our party had the English cockles, they were lovely, but were clams. Had I known clams were on the menu I would have had them but I am not partial to cockles so did not make that choice.

The chocolate birthday cake was superb, and tactfully came just with one candle.

I would echo the comment of others that guests straight from the spa in towelling dressing gowns and slippers do not provide an atmosphere that matches the quality of the experience.

Will return for another birthday if not before...

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Visited here for a family meal and it was nothing short of fantastic. The staff were the perfect balance of friendly yet professional and were attentive throughout the meal. All three courses were first class.

My parents requested a desert wine they had last time they visited. The restaurant told us that it was a special for that occasion and was no longer on the menu. To our surprise, the manager came back with two glasses of it about 10 minutes later having run to the cellar to see if there was any hiding away - turns out there was! A really special touch!

Will definitely be returning!