“Delicious!”

The Caribbean Kitchen Takeaway
Ranked #315 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

Out for girls weekend in bath and decided we couldn't resist the smell of the cooking from here as we walked past! So glad we tried it - we ordered a few different dishes, including the goat curry, jerk chicken and belly pork - all delicious and spicy, served on a bed of rice or rice and peas ... Fantastic food - would really recommend if you like a spicy tasty dish

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Located not one block from the recently opened Turtlebay (chain restaurant whose main custom seems to be cocktails for hen parties etc. zzzzzzzzz) is this tiny takeway offering jerk chicken, curried goat, saltfish and ackee etc. The lunchtime wraps are good value, the main (evening) dishes are more pricey.
Quality is on a par with what you'd find in, say, Bristol (where there is a plethora of Jamaican restaurants). I do wish they offered Callaloo as a permanent menu item.

1  Thank Tony Y
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Was staying in Bath last week and I'd noticed this place when I first arrived and I knew I was going to pay a visit before I left to go back up North. On Wednesday I didn't have much time before I started work at 18.00hrs so i was in a rush , I was go to another eating place but I'd parked my Van outside Caribbean Kitchen so I couldn't walk past it .
The place is tiny but they do have a table and chairs so I asked the lady what did she reccomend as they do have a big menu .
I decided on the Curried Goat with pea & rice & salad and a piece of Jerk Chicken for afters as I couldn't decide what to have so I had both .
The Curried Goat was delicious but eating it in a plastic dish and using a plastic knife and took away the shine . The food was worth the £15.50 I paid and I really enjoyed the jerk chicken which I had for my Supper delicious . Can't wait till my next trip to Bath .

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Food was generally good here, it's pretty much a takeaway. They can make it spicy (and I can eat plenty of real spicy food...). 3 stars due to price and the fact that it's takeaway

Reviewed 27 May 2015

I had some nice food during my stay in bath, including at the much praised Sotto Sotto - which I agree was superb. Nonetheless of all the food I had while I was in Bath it was this small takeaway that I had to review. This is a review for a small venture!
I passed the shop at least twice a day and was tempted to try it. I called in about 9pm one evening and explained to the lady that I just needed a snack - and WHAT a snack I got! She recommended a small portion of jerk chicken with rice and peas which turned out to be truly delicious, It was HOT! The lady who served me was the proprietor and had cooked the food herself, She obviously took great care and pride in her food - and for a few pounds it was the best value imaginable. She truly deserves her first review on this site. Thanks!

2  Thank Peter3290