“Tea Party? Coffee Party? Either works here.”

Boston Tea Party Alfred Street
Ranked #195 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Reviewed 2 February 2017

I met a friend here for coffee in the pre-Christmas madness and must admit I wasn’t completely convinced by her choice of venue. However, I was happy to be surprised to discover a venue unlike my pre-conception. Granted, it was early for Bathonians at 9am, but the space is large, light and airy. Good design has created designated areas which break up the space without cramming too much in. Dainty tables and chairs by the door; a ‘chunk’ of booths for comfy privacy; some sofas and then more tables and chairs.
The menu demands I return since the choice was varied and difficult to make. Having already breakfasted, I ventured out of the coffee arena to enjoy an excellent smoothie while my friend dived into a very tasty looking plate of eggs etc and covetable coffee.
BTP will certainly give other notable coffee shops at the top of town a run for their money, especially from the push-chair brigade who will find no problem manoeuvring in, out and around the interior - almost impossible in many local eateries. Good loos too.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

This is the place to go on a Sunday for Brunch. Amazing open space with tables, benches, chairs, sofas and a very relaxed atmosphere. People with kids, reading newspapers,chatting, a very mixed clientele, the perfect way to start at Sunday. Food was good and coffee hot and just what we needed.

TellBTP, Manager at Boston Tea Party Alfred Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear Customer

Thank you for your lovely review. We are always pleased to hear feedback, and are very happy to hear you like us for a Sunday brunch.

Hope to see you soon

The team at BTP Alfred St

Reviewed 31 January 2017

I love Boston Tea Party, particularly this one as there is a lovely ambience, design and great menu.
My companion ordered a full vegetarian breakfast, which arrived looking fab and was attested as so by my friend. However, I ordered my second choice, there being no chicken available for my first choice.....a toasted chipotle and tomato etc sandwich. It arrived looking great but it was only toasted at the very edges and the main part of the bread/toast felt a little sweaty so Im not sure how it had been prepared. The filling, which included cheese was perfectly cooked so I reckon someone had forgotten to not just toast the outside properly, but forgotten to toast the outside of one of the slices entirely. Ive had a little run of not perfectly served food recently so i really couldnt be bothered to complain to get a fresh one....its also different when you are on your own or with a companion you know very well. I didnt want to spoil my companion's enjoyment of her meal.
Soooo Boston Tea Party staff, double check the food before you serve it please! There were plenty of staff on duty and the place wasnt thrumming.

TellBTP, Manager at Boston Tea Party Alfred Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Hi Gail,

Not quite sure what happened to your toasted sandwich???

So sorry to here that it was not at all up to our usual standard.
Please always say something so that we can rectify it then and there. It is honestly no bother and we hate that you had to suffer your way through sub standard food.

We are proud of our menu and want you to enjoy our food.

We would love to see you return to us for lunch.

Hopefully see you again soon .

All the team at BTP Alfred street

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I regularly use BTP in Bristol and I have to say the standard of service at the Alfred Street shop is pretty shocking, the front of house staff don't appear to be very well trained at all and seem quite happy to chat away to each other while visibly struggling to deal with a pretty quiet start to the day.

I will continue to use BTP in Bristol however, I wouldn't recommend the Alfred Street shop, the management seriously need to up their game ensuring staff are adequately trained.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for you review.
I am sorry that you have not seen us at our best.

We would love to welcome you back to show off how great we can be.
We always strive for the best. Serving fantastic home made food and drink.

All the best

All the team at BTP Alfred street.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Tucked away at the top of the town, it is so perfect that it has been discovered by the masses. Excellent cuisine, superb service. Totally marvellous

TellBTP, Manager at Boston Tea Party Alfred Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for you lovely review of cafe.

looking forward to welcoming you back for lunch or breakfast.

All the team at Boston Tea Party Alfred Street.