“A Steak Lovers Paradise”
Review of CAU Bath

CAU Bath
Ranked #80 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$24 - US$49
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Have eaten a lot of good steaks but I have now eaten what was the best steak ever here. My friends went for the rib eye steak which was good but I decided to go for the Tira De Ancho a 500g spiral cut rib eye which was pure heaven on a plate. The flavour was superb. Am still not sure how I managed to finish it but I certainly wasn't going to leave it behind!

Good chips and chips. The starters of salt and pepper squid and tempura belly pork were tasty and generously portioned.

It was a busy Saturday night but we had no delays on getting our food. The only slight gripe I had was that the waiter, whilst very charming, could have been more attentive. He had a large party to manage which resulted in us waiting for our drinks and desert orders longer than we needed. Also the bar (we were sat in front of it)looked like it was struggling to keep pace with things and need more cocktail waiters.

This didn't spoil our enjoyment of the evening and we will definitely be back.

T

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Made a last minute decision to go out for a meal mid week. Modern easy way to book a table via website (mobile friendly). We were seated 45 mins later and presently surprised to find a very reasonably priced Argentinian steak house as you typically find in London and other major cities. Fun atmosphere, staff were friendly, knowledgable and professional. Food was excellent and in short, we will become regulars! Thoroughly recommended as fantastic food, fantastic prices - very well placed for Bath and I'm sure it will be a great success

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Two of us visited to check it out and were really impressed. My medium-rare Lomito 400g was fantastic, cooked to perfection for me, seared on the outside and pink inside and was a wonderful tender steak. My wife had a 320g Rib-eye which sadly was gristly; we sent it back and that's where it got really impressive. The waiter couldn't do enough- sincere apologies all round, new excellent replacement steak provided, deducted from the bill, and a glass of free cabernet sauvignon also offered (but politely declined as my wife still had a full glass.) They also offered free desserts which were also declined as we were full up. The tomato salad was an excellent side dish with fab onion rings too. The WOW for Cau Malbec was sensational too. All in all a great night out; a buzzy restaurant, unbelievable service with the manager coming over as we left to ensure that we had been looked after properly after the duff steak incident. That's the way to look after your customers and we will be abck, probably with a large group of friends!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Ok, fine, it's not meant to, but it really doesn't! I am a born and raised gaucho and can testify to this avail. The meat quality is good and cooked well. That said, there are some spices and sauces added to it that are as Argentine as financial stability. Their Chimichurri is OK and their empanadas super tasty; neither argentine either!
As for the other boxes, it does tick them: good service, nice selection of Malbec's and OK atmosphere (not sure about the decor!!).
I do recommend it, but not to those hoping to revisit flavours they might've encountered on their long-ago trip to the pampas.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Booked to come here for my partners birthday as been meaning to get here for ages since they opened. The layout is quite nice and relaxed open kitchen area and private booths in some parts of the restaurant. Steak was very good but pricey. Staff didn't seem that knowledgeable when asked about the different items on the menu buy this may just have been because they were new. Skip the dessert menu and instead ask to see the cocktail desserts they were the best thing about the whole place. Candy floss cocktail? Melted chocolate swirl cocktail? CHECK! Will definitely return probably in the summer so to make good use of the outdoor seating area.

Been to CAU Bath? Share your experiences!