“Amazing - best Thai food I've experienced”

Lao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Cheddar
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Probably the only Lao restaurant in Britain offering tasty and fresh Lao cooking and Thai cuisine.The dishes are all authentic Lao and Issan, northern Thai, and offer a mixtures of tastes, textures, spices and colours. These include some of the most popular Lao and Thai dishes with some favourites of those who've travelled around the Far East. The dishes are homemade and individually cooked to order to reflect the customer's preferences. This does take time but ensures great tastes and therefore is appropriate for those not in a rush - Lao speed. Text reservations to mobile number on website.Up to date opening hours are on the website.
Reviewed 30 March 2016

This is a beautiful restaurant in a stunning location. The staff are welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful, able to help you on dishes and make recommendations when asked. The food was exceptional, as was the service . I would wholeheartedly recommend a visit to the Lao Thai!

Reviewed 27 March 2016

We booked the restaurant as a special meal out as we were having a mini break for 4 nights. We booked it for 7pm to be be greated by a chap who directed us to our table. There were only 2 more couples dining, so it wasnt at all busy. we sat down and looked at the menu, looking forward to our thai meal. After about 15 mins, I asked the waiter if we could order drinks and he said nodded but kind of ignored us. Two more couples came in after us and he escorted them to their table. We had already decided on our meal and our menu`s were set to onside, ready to have a drink and order. He then asked the second couple that came in after us if they wanted drinks. By which time we had been waiting 20 mins and still no service. My blood started to boil! I dont expect poor service but by this point i was getting annoyed. I told my partner that if he doesnt come to us next im leaving. We waited another 5 mins, and still not asked us for a drink...... he then proceeded to walk to the other couple that arrived after us and asked for their food order. That was enough for me.... I got my coat and walked out! So I cannot comment on food or drinks, but I will comment on the waiter- "rubbish" - and service "rubbish". We went to the pub in Cheddar and it was devine and the service was fantastic!

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We were back in Napier for one night. Friends were joining us for a meal. We had to think quickly where we might go for a meal. We had a 5 am call for a flight. Had the port restaurant scene changed much? We walked out of our motel and there it was Laos Thai. I've been to both countries so why not give it a spin. It was welcoming and a large of locals started giving us advice on what to order. We all ordered a different dish and shared. Very good food, delightful service, nice decor. I wish it was closer to home.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Enjoyed a delicious meal here. Service was very good, and based on the individual order, so not to everyone's liking but you know the food is freshly cooked for you. We were for truncate that it wasn't too busy when we went, so we didn't have the wait long from r our food.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely meal with friends. Good choice, full of flavour and slightly tastier than other cultures. Good service and will be visiting again to try other dishes! Well done!