Apple Tree Inn(Glastonbury)
Agoda.com
Bellhay Orchard(Glastonbury)
Camelot Retreat(Glastonbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsham egg and chipsfour posterfull englishshower over batha bit tiredonly stayed the one nightlovely hotelsmall roomlarge tvtwo singlesfire escapebooked a twin roomfreshly cooked breakfastan evening mealguest housevery comfortable stayvisiting glastonbury
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Very welcoming hosts.However our room was rather shabby compared to the photos seen.It was cramped and not a good standard.Certainly not to expectation but I did not see other rooms exit photos.Breakfast was good.
Overalll disappointing Iam sorry to say.

Room Tip: Confirm available rooms before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Booked this hotel online while traveling through the UK. The pictures looked very nice, but the rooms I received was noticeably shabbier than the pictures. I did talk to the owner about it and he pointed out that the pictures were for other rooms where my rooms (booked two rooms for my family) were off on the annex or addition. I felt the value wasn't there and I paid way too much. We were in the UK for two weeks traveling and this was probably the most expensive hotel / B&B we stayed in and probably the shabbiest. There may be some very nice rooms there, but I didn't see them. The check-in desk and common areas were run down. The rooms were clean but the furniture worn and old. Dust and grime behind chairs showed a somewhat lack of attention to cleaning. Could not adjust properly. This is probably my 10 or 15th review on TripAdvisor and my only negative one.

Room Tip: pick the rooms that match the pictures. Don't assume they're all the like the pictures.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joetosa
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We hadn't booked Meare Manor. We HAD booked our usual, peaceful, rural, Somerset, country-house hotel - via the usual online booking company - and, somewhere along the line, the booking was bungled - 12 hours before we were due to leave Surrey. So, once the anger and disappointment had subsided, said online booking company assisted us to find "a comparable alternative". Not easy on the day before a Bank Holiday weekend at the beginning of half-term!

Prepared to make the best of the mess, we arrived at the "comparable" hotel to find a room on a concrete walkway overlooking a car park and with a children's climbing frame 3 feet from the uncurtained window. There was no key to the room door ("but don't worry, it's very safe here") and the room itself still held on to the unsavoury odour of the previous inhabitant. We unpacked, then I cried - then we repacked and I grabbed my tablet!

Someone was looking after us that evening! We found Meare Manor online, called them and they had one remaining room - "the 4 poster room". We arrived around 10.45 pm to a warm welcome from the owner - and the long-anticipated weekend suddenly took a huge turn for the better!

A stone's throw from hippy Glasto (has to be experienced!), this hotel is a gem. The four-poster room, Merlin, is beautiful and tastefully decorated with lovely linen and soft furnishings. The, it has to be admitted, slightly idiosyncratic shower, was fine once we'd worked out the system of which lever did what and there were plenty of sparkling white towels.

Breakfast was no disappointment either! Great full English - but also freshly prepared fruit, home-made preserves and lots of choice on the continental buffet too.

All in all, a fantastic find at the end of a traumatic day. We will be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Booked for my partners birthday treat, I wish I hadn't chosen Meare Manor. If you are expecting a 4* experience don't stay here, I don't know how they have retained this rating. This is the worst place I have stayed in the last 40 years of Worldwide travel. Overpowering unpleasant smell inside the manor on arrival, shabby reception area. Room was average, not very clean: dust even on the tissue box, filthy dirty coasters and inground dust on the wooden coaster holder. I found someone's lypsyl under a chair! The shower had no power, water hardly came out of the shower head, to the extent I had to wash my hair under the bath taps, and they moved from side to side when turned on/off. The bathroom blind had about 6 slats missing at the crucial section. At breakfast my spoon and saucer were actually stuck to the breakfast table, which was very tacky to touch. Breakfast was average, customer service was lacking from start to finish, we were glad to leave.

Room Tip: The room we had was nothing like the photos on their website
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suezzie
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Merlin's room, a lovely en-suite room with a huge bed, overlooking the road. Some traffic noise with the window open but it didnt cause a problem for us. Bathroom was spacious with a shower over bath. The bath a little on the small side but a nice powerful shower.
Set in a lovely village.
Breakfast was fine, fresh fruit salad and yoghurt of a good quality. Cooked breakfast also nice. Breakfast service a little on the flustered side, could have been better, probably due to 3 tables arriving around the same time (6) people.
Would stay again, great proximity to Glastonbury.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple