US$170
US$142
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewscathedral greenfour poster bedstone spiral staircasesteep stairsan italian restaurantwells cathedralold buildingone way systemnoise from the streetmobility issueslovely roomtop floortwo night stayminutes walk awaylots of characterfriendly hotelbed was very comfortable
Reviewed 7 July 2016

The location of the hotel to explore the city and the view of the cathedral was spectacular. reception could have been friendlier when you arrive. The climb to the room is certainly not for the unfit or infifrmed. Room small and bit shabby, handle off the bedside table, window broken so could not adjust opening. Bathroom lovely but very dusty pipes. All in all it needs some attention to detail and a bit of a clean. Positives bed very comfortable, shower lovely and modern.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Booked as a surprise and he loved it! In fact it has become our favourite little place. Quirky,and friendly you will love this place. We had a room on the top floor which for us was great. People with hip and leg complaints may have problems with the upper rooms as the staircases are very snug and winding. Room was quaint and quirky. Only thing I did not like in our room 8 was the skirting around the shower as I kept banging my toe on it coming out of the bathroom, as had many other people by the looks. Very clean though and had a super nights sleep. Ate here too and was not disappointed, the food was really good and the staff were really lovely with us. This is a family fun hotel and they really go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. If you are reading this thank you! I nearly forgot to mention the views, I wont spoil it but they are unique and amazing, go see for yourselves! High recommendation.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

When we arrived in Wells, we drove right in front of the Hotel, but not seeing any parking spaces, we made our way to the nearest Pay & Display I could find. A 5 minute walk got me to the hotel while my wife waited with the car. The lady at the desk was very helpful and lively. I asked about parking and was told after 4:30 could park on Cathedral Green, just out back door. Usually easy to find a place, she said. She showed me the room and then went to move the car. I managed to find a place very close to the hotel, brought in our luggage, and led my wife up to Room 12. Interesting layout. Up the back stairs, through a door, across a hall, through another door, one more hallway, second room on the right. The room was small, but had a canopy bed, a small desk, and not much room to move around. The first thing my wife noticed was that the floor was "squishy." Then we noticed the floor wasn't exactly level. I suppose for a 500-year old building, I shouldn't be surprised at this.
Breakfast both mornings was good, though not outstanding. When we came back from our day trip to Bath, there were no parking spaces available on the Green. My wife had to go ask for an alternative. The next closest place was on-street parking on Tor Street, about a half-mile away. I was a bit leary of leaving the car there overnight, but it turned out okay. Early the next morning, about 6:30, I moved the car to the Green where there were plenty of spaces that early.
One of the best features of the hotel was its proximity to the Cathedral. My wife and I attended the Evensong service on our first night, toured the cathedral the next day, visited the Gift Shop, as well, and still were able to leave for Bath by 10:30.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2016

booked a week previous as partners birthday and they had no record of us even though i gave my card details so we had no room for the night ! the girl behind the counter seemed to find it amusing they messed it up never will book here again !

2  Thank katielouisecushing
Reviewed 5 June 2016

What a stunning location and fab little hotel/restaurant. The corridors are a little tired but our room looked out over the cathedral and was beautiful. We both felt so at home and relaxed the minute we arrived. The location is central, with a lovely hotel lounge looking out towards the cathedral and a beer garden. The restaurant was also lovely: food was well cooked and presented and very reasonably priced. Wells generally is a sweet little town and over all, this was a fantastic, perfect visit.