“Worst food ever”

Joe Rigatonis - Stockton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is hands down the worst food i have ever payed for. It is the first time i have been for a meal and found the food disgusting, i am not a fussy man, but the quality of the food was an absolute disgrace

2  Thank Arronhonzik

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My partner and I were fans of the Middlesbrough Restuarant. As it had sadly closed we thought that we would give the Stockton branch a try, this was a mistake.

If the cold shouldered service wasn't enough to put you off then the quality of food would. The front of house was extremely rude and unfriendly and the food was served as if an eight year old child had slapped the food on the plate. Drinks were expensive and cocktails weren't even made with fresh fruit like the Middlesbrough restaurant. Massive let down and won't be back again.

1  Thank Beyonce100
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We went as part of a large party to celebrate an anniversary. The food was average ,I've had far worse but far better for the cost. We ordered at about 8'ish----they only had one lot of mussels left - how does that work on a Saturday night!!! The food was delivered -quite warm -if they found you !! One of our party had her food paraded round the area until ,whilst at the bar , I told her where to find the lady.. The drinks are expensive but that goes with the territory of eating out I think. But in saying that having enough glasses to serve the wine also helps , as I was kept waiting whilst as search for the items started.The worst part of the evening were the toilets. On a visit at about 9 there was no toilet roll and two of the four basins had no water...I gather the gents was no better with the hand dryer being on the floor. No more serviettes were brought for the main dish-so a hunt began for those. We weren't offered desserts or coffee and whilst most were getting their own , don't recall anyone asking if we wanted more drinks.

1  Thank sallyd727
Reviewed 20 January 2014

After being let down at the last minute with another venue, we booked Joe Rigatonis function room for my daughters 13th birthday party. What started as stressful could not have turned out better. Charlotte managed the booking and was so accommodating to my daughters requests to change the buffet to her choices of pizza, parmo and chips and lots of it please! 13 year olds can be hard to please but the empty plates and thumbs up was a good indication of how much they enjoyed the food.
The function room is tastefully decorated with lovely views of the river Tees. The dance floor was in the conservatory and this allowed the other room to be kept as a seating area.
Overall it was an excellent night and thoroughly enjoyed by all. Thanks to Charlotte and the team my daughters birthday was saved. We would definitely recommend and will be returning soon for more of the delicious parmos!

1  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We have never enjoyed joe rig in boro how're loved the one in yarm previously. We had alway intended to try this one and when I got a groupon voucher for parmos I thought why not...so shouldn't have bothered!!!

Firstly the card machine was not working so had to go to asda to get cash for drinks.

My starters of button mushrooms and bruschetta was large sliced mushrooms on top of a soggy slice of normal bread... No kidding! The wife's pasta starter was uncooked. We both only managed half, when the waiter asked if i was ok we said no and he said the main would be better...lol...

The parmos were terrible. You tend to cook the chicken first as then put them in the grill to warm through and melt the chicken. The cheese was burnt and the chicken cold. Even the chips were almost in edible. I told the waitress when I was paying for the wine before leaving and she didn't seem surprised!

Honestly, don't bother, get yourself to the myton or Beckfields in ingleby for something cheap and edible. How this place is still open I don't know, especially as the boro one was shut down for food hygiene reasons. Check scores on the doors!!!

4  Thank HonestReviewer19827