“An Insult to Italy”

Joe Rigatonis - Stockton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2015

Let me just start by saying that I lived in Italia for almost 3 years and know Italian food like the back of my hand. The "Joe's Bruschetta" was terribly soggy. The pizza tasted like it had been cooked Chicago style, not Neapolitan style in a wood burning pizza oven. For the price, and the fact that they advertise themselves as an Italian restaurant, I expected FAR better. The spaghetti carbonara was ok, but it didn't blow me away at all and the egg had already started to cook as scrambled. It might be better to add a little more parmesan to the egg mixture before you add it to the pasta. And on top of that the service was absolutely TERRIBLE! Sadly, some of the worst I've experienced. Training is definitely needed. My advice for potential customers? STAY AWAY!!!!!! UN-AUTHENTIC ITALIAN FOOD AND VERY BAD SERVICE!!!!

Reviewed 18 December 2014

We have always found the staff exceptionally friendly and efficient . We are all vegetarian with a couple of fish eaters and when we visit our daughter who is at the Uni close by we always eat here and they are always happy to adjust the menu slightly to accommodate us . We have never been made to feel awkward either which is always a bonus ! The food has always been good ,fresh and hot . Perfect for a crowd of people all wanting something different .

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was by far the worst meal in the worst atmosphere I have ever had in my life. The food is mediocre at best and the ambience of the place itself leaves a lot to be desired. The seats are filthy (Probably due to the numerous little "rugrats" allowed to climb all over them in their dirty shoes) The carpet was sticky and was difficult to walk across.

2  Thank SlimJim177
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is hands down the worst food i have ever payed for. It is the first time i have been for a meal and found the food disgusting, i am not a fussy man, but the quality of the food was an absolute disgrace

2  Thank Arronhonzik
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My partner and I were fans of the Middlesbrough Restuarant. As it had sadly closed we thought that we would give the Stockton branch a try, this was a mistake.

If the cold shouldered service wasn't enough to put you off then the quality of food would. The front of house was extremely rude and unfriendly and the food was served as if an eight year old child had slapped the food on the plate. Drinks were expensive and cocktails weren't even made with fresh fruit like the Middlesbrough restaurant. Massive let down and won't be back again.

1  Thank Beyonce100