See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2016

We chose this place on the strength of its excellent reviews, and we weren't disappointed. Yes, the parking is a little limited, but sufficient. Yes, it's up two flights of stairs, on the top floor of this amazing old Victorian building. But the views are good, the rooms are big, light and airy and beautifully furnished, the lounge is gorgeous - and the artwork. Oh boy, the artwork. The books! It's the kind of place you can kick off your shoes, make yourself a coffee in the neat little kitchen, and just sink into a big chair, and reeeeeelax. Karen the owner is the most delightful person, very welcoming and informative, and we had the most comfortable night possible there. Yes, of course we could leave the car there after checking out, so we could explore the ancient village on foot. Yes, of course if we needed to we could pop back upstairs to use the bathroom before leaving. What a lovely, generous person!
I don't know that children would be that popular with other guests, but I suspect one could book the entire flat for a family stay.

Room tip: Both rooms looked lovely. We had the back room as a twin, with views over the beautiful garden.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Although the view from the window and the accommodation in my double room were very nice, the curt welcome I received from the owner was not good. I was very quickly shown the accommodation and then abandoned. No conversation was made. Breakfast was adequate but I was left on my own again while the owner and her friends sat in the kitchen. I was made to feel that my money was welcome but I was not.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Nice large bright rooms with views of sea. Lovely landlady. Yes this is not your usual B&B, but for a relaxed stay where you can feel totally at home, it takes a bit of beating. Its like having your own flat in Aldeburgh for a few days.

Room tip: the ensuite room is lovely with good view
Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 4 November 2014

My partner and I stayed in this lovely B&B in October 2014. It has to be said it is an unusual B&B experience but one certainly worth visiting. The breakfast was lovely and our sleep was uninterrupted, so we would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

Date of stay: October 2014
2  Thank OliverEfish
Reviewed 10 September 2014

I do have to agree with some of the reviews which say Eaton House could do with a little more TLC. We were expecting an ensuite room but as we were only staying one night it was not a problem. It was a bit off putting to see a large broken poorly painted toy donkey in the garden which coupled with the austere frontage does give the residence a spooky feel. Coming back in the evening we couldn't get the light to work so had to climb the staircase in the dark which was scary. However the garden is wonderful and karen was friendly and helpful. I think if you are looking for something a bit different then this would be perfect.

Room tip: check if ensuite
Date of stay: September 2014