All Saints Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$126
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$125
US$107
The Northgate(Bury St Edmunds)
US$180
The Bushel(Bury St Edmunds)
US$85
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$105
US$88
US$136
US$85
PremierInn.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bury St Edmunds)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$140
Orbitz.com
Oak Farm Barn(Bury St Edmunds)
US$90
Travelocity
The Fox Inn(Bury St Edmunds)
US$112
1,310 results
All reviewswingspan barcopper bathcharles dickenscellar barabbey gardenssister hotelparked our carsuffolk grilllovely hotelafternoon tealounge areathe ground floorcentral locationstayed here for one nightlovely roomfour poster bedcentre of town
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and couldn't recommend highly enough.
The staff were really welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. The valet carried our bags to our room, the receptionist was friendly and explained everything we needed to know.
The room itself was well decorated and comfortable.
We went down to the cocktail bar in the evening and again the staff were friendly and couldn't have been more friendly.
After reading some of the reviews we weren't convinced what the hotel was going to be like but we couldn't be more impressed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_GoughGroup, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Abbie3110,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay. I will make sure your kind words are passed onto the staff and hopefully, we'll see you again soon at the hotel,

The Angel Hotel Team

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The level of service is fantastic. Staff are friendly and accommodating. They gladly and enthusiastically welcome dogs. Your dog gets a bowl and a toy. The rooms for dogs are very clean (just as any other guest would have). While dogs are not allowed in the restaurant, dogs are allowed in the lounge and the restaurant staff gladly bring food to you in the lounge. There are awesome walks (both short and long walks) for dogs and humans just out the front door of the hotel. My dog was on medication during my visit and the porters gladly brought me small pieces of meat to hide the dog’s tablets in. A superior place for folks that travel with dogs! A bit pricy but worth every penny.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Hello jthelwell,

Thank you for your kind review.

I'm so pleased you all had a good stay with us and you found our staff friendly and accommodating. We also, as you mentioned, have some fantastic walks close by which makes us ideally suited to Dog owners.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel soon.

The Angel Hotel Team

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Stayed overnight as a treat for our 5th anniversary - very welcoming and helpful reception staff...who congratulated us on our anniversary (without us mentioning it) - a simple thing but you would be amazed at how many hotels that know you are staying because of a special occasion, cant be bothered to take the time to mention it. Lovely big room (one of the suites on the first floor) with a congratulatory card and two sticks of rock on the bed which was a lovely touch. The valet parkers were excellent, coming out to help us with our bags up to the room and explaining how the valet parking works - not always obvious in some hotels. We went into the lounge for afternoon tea and were served promptly by a very friendly member of staff (sorry, I cant remember his name) and enjoyed a couple of drinks in the Wingspan bar - even though it was quite busy we were served pretty quickly by very knowledgeable bar staff.

The only criticism that echoes what a number people on here have said is that the bedrooms need a lot of love and attention to bring it up to genuine 4 star standards. Lots of scuffs and marks on the walls, chipped paint, stains on the carpets and a mattress that has a very pronounced sag in it!

That aside, I would recommend the Angel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_GoughGroup, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear LyndenDawn2103,

Many thanks for your review and kind words about the staff. I'm pleased they stood out during your stay and I will make sure your compliments are passed onto them.

From the room description you mentioned, you stayed in one of our Ivy View Suites which have fantastic views over the Georgian Square and Abbey but are more traditional in style and feel. Can I recommend that the next time you stay, you try one of our new Contemporary Suites, as these offer the same views but are more modern in decor.

Hope to see you again soon.

The Angel Hotel

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Checked in 30th November for 2 nights room In need off decoration and upgrading.Base of bed needed a valance to cover all the stains not a good look very of putting to sleep in . Bathroom scratches on toilet seat mould round bath ,all walls need painting carpet has stains on it . On Friday evening bar staff did not no what they were doing asked for a jack Daniels & coke which I had 2hours previously said they don’t sell it strange . I had a cocktail Thursday evening in lounge I was told I had to go down stairs to bar on Friday for cocktails they don’t sell them Upstaires and they had run out of Bacardi very disappointing it is not a 4 Star hotel could be best location in bury st Edmunds

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
LynnCowan, Manager at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Louise L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

As a 4 star hotel, we pride ourselves with offering the finest ingredients for our Food and Beverage, including spirits. As you mentioned we don't stock either Jack Daniels or Bacardi, however I understand you were offered both Makers Mark and Havana 3 Year as more superior products.

Lynn

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Came to the angel last night 2nd December to go to the cocktail bar. Firstly there was too many in there for the size of venue secondly only 2 bar staff and thirdly the bar staff where rude! There was 8 of us that came there and some of felt the staff where looking down their noses at us! Is everyone's money not the same?? It took over half a hour for some of my friends who decided to buy drink to actually be served!!!! I myself did not purchase a cocktail for a degraceful price of £10! You don't even pay these prices in London....... I don't think I'll be back

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Dear sunny015,

Thank you for your review.

The Wingspan Bar does tend to be very popular for both our Residents and Non-residents alike, especially on a Saturday night. This does mean that sometimes there is a wait for drinks, as each one is prepared to the highest standards.

Hopefully, next time you come along we will be able to tempt you with something from the cocktail list.

Lynn