“Decent Curry”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Have used the Memsaab a good many times in the past but the food quality became a bit hit and miss so I decided to give it a miss ! Week before last though I ordered a take away king prawn dhansak, pilau rice, tarka dall, 2 chapattis and papadoms- it was very good so last Saturday I dined in with a friend and repeated the order and again it was very good.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The whole experience was the best that’s food was amazingly delicious with great atmosphere.my favourite starter was mysore chilli prawns and main dish was garlic chilli chicken and onion rice which was a joy on the plate. Thanks the manager for recommendation lovely labanones concentrated red wine.the service was outstanding.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

we had a tasty meal but as indian restaurants go there was nothing extraordinary, an over-liberal use of red food colouring on the tandoori meats. I was grateful that the food was not excessively oily and we ordered a few sides to have more veg with it. Spending a week in Lavenham, this was one of the more value for money options for a local meal.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I am going against the trend of many other reviews here.
I ordered chicken tikka makhani which was so sweet it was almost inedible for me. It was in a pink sauce which reminded me of school dinner pink custard. Maybe this was my fault but nowhere on the menu did it say anything about being a sweet dish.
In fairness my wife enjoyed her fish dish but like most eateries here you pay the “Lavenham supplement “ i.e. expensive. We paid £50 for 2 mains,one rice, one naan,2 beers and a water.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Our second visit here. Staying in Lavenham on a Sunday evening. Both visits we came here. What can we say. Amazing, amazing food. Probably the best Indian meal we’ve had anywhere.
Thank you so much. We will return !!!!

1  Thank ele757