“Nice but pricey, and orders were wrong.”
Review of Nancy's Teashop

Nancy's Teashop
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Newmarket
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Came here as a party of three on a Saturday and was glad that I booked as it was very busy. I ordered the classic afternoon cream tea as I always do when visiting tea rooms. My partner ordered the pancakes and my step-father the crumpet stack. I specified that I wanted the afternoon tea to be vegetarian but when it came it wasn't and had to be returned as I was given smoked salmon and meat.

For the price, I did not find it to be value for money compared with other establishments I've visited. 2 small cheese and chutney triangles, 1 small egg mayo finger sandwich and a slice of cucumber on an equally small slice circle of bread with cream cheese. The four homemade cakes were three small squares of lemon and poppyseed, Victoria sponge, chocolate cake and a blueberry mousse type thing. You also get two scones and tea for £15.

The Crumpet Stack was better value for money, crumpets stacked with bacon, sausage, egg, cheese and tomato for £6.50. Although this order was also wrong, as we asked for no tomato but it was included and had to be removed by my step-father. Thankfully, he doesn't have an allergy to tomato it was just his preference to not have it. If it had been my daughter who is allergic, it would have had more serious consequences.

Overall, it was a nice experience but not as good as other tea rooms I've visited around the country.

1  Thank Sally H

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I visited after recommendation from friends and family. We took our niece there and unfortunately she was unsettled for a short while. The staff told us to either settle her (baring in mind she was 6months old) or leave. Beautiful cafe. But staff made us feel unwelcome despite having a family outing as many of our friends and family have done here.

Nancy c C, Owner at Nancy's Teashop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank for your review. We are very concerned that a member of our staff would suggest anyone to leave our Teashop and would like to investigate this further. Could you please e-mail me personally nancy@nancysteashop.co.uk and I will seriously look into this matter.

Many thanks
Nancy
Owner
Nancy's Teashop p

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I needed to organise a birthday treat for my 9 year old daughter and Nancy was able to help us out and organise individual lemon tea loaves for a large group. They were exquisitely made and very tasty. I couldn't speak more highly of Nancy and the tea shop.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I came with my Mum for the classic afternoon tea. The decor and atmosphere is so lovely, a real vintage tea room vibe. The afternoon tea itself was so delicious, the sandwiches had great flavour, homemade chutney and cheese being our favourite. Light delicious scones and finished off with a selection of beautiful cake, the coconut and raspberry sponge was amazing! We both came home with leftovers, plenty for your money.
Nancy and her team were very friendly and welcoming. Nancy sat and talked us though some information when we mentioned we would be interested in having a bridal shower there, she was lovely and helpful.
We can not wait to come back.
Thank you!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

met here with family (11 people ) for my wifes 70th birthday. had to pre order owing to size of party, the food and service was good a bit pricy but lovely experience