Lowest prices for your stay
US$164
Free cancellation until 24/09/21
Hotels.comUS$164
eDreamsUS$164
CheapTicketsUS$164
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2021

Just wanted to say great place and staff but through no fault of their own I booked via Booking.com who make it less than straightforward! The owner was frustrated to hear that Booking.com had taken my payment Three nights before I arrived despite being 'pay at property ' Booking! So my advice BOOK DIRECT! cut out the middle man and get a better rate and better experience at the property. Can't fault my stay thanks Cherry tree!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2020

Walked out of this pub before ordering as no staff wore any face masks or visors, we was sat far too close to 2 of tables of 4 people in fact if felt less then a metre with no protection screens between us and when I politely asked to be seated further away from the next table the waitress gave me such a rude glare and just walked off without saying anything! Even if she was going off to see where else to seat us (as it wasn’t full) it would have been nice to be spoken to. Did not feel safe in there at all and would certainly not return. So many pubs and restaurants have gone out of they way to make you feel safe to go out and eat again but this one certainly hasn’t and needs too!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy A
Reviewed 26 August 2020 via mobile

Came here for lunch this week with a friend and despite being really excited at first, I was a little let down. When we arrived the staff seemed too busy to greet - the main hostess seemed to be putting an order through but didn’t even acknowledge we were there. The bar woman wasn’t busy and noticed us but still didn’t give a friendly greeting.

We were told the menu was written on the chalkboard on the other side of the restaurant which seemed odd as it meant I had to walk over and take a photo whilst other diners were eating nearby and going to bathroom etc - surely you would prefer your diners to stay seated to minimise risk and unnecessary walking around.

My other concern were the bathrooms - why use the card system when surely you want to minimise people touching items/surfaces? I didn’t use this system as I had watched multiple people touch the cards before and after going to the bathroom .... not safe. Rethink this? In addition, they clearly hadn’t been cleaned in a while as both toilets were full of toilet paper and the sinks needed attention too.

Food was great but just an ‘okay’ experience- not one I would hurry back to.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jessieclaire1SR
Reviewed 31 December 2019

We stayed at The Cherry Tree for 3 nights in December 2019. It is situated in Woodbridge, Suffolk - a lovely town.
The room was clean and comfortable, with the added touch of homemade shortbread as a welcome. The only problem for us was the bed - it is too small for two adults which made sleeping uncomfortable. The room is big enough to accommodate a king size.
The staff were warm and friendly and any food we had was plentiful, well cooked and presented. On the morning we were leaving we arrived too early for breakfast, but the lovely hostess and the chef said it wasn't a problem and fed us anyway - great customer service!
The surrounding area is gorgeous, with lots of lovely walks and plenty of places to eat and drink. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will definitely return - a summer visit is definitely on the cards!

Room tip: Rooms are separate from pub - 2 on the ground and a family room directly above them. The children's play area is just outside.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 22 July 2019

We stayed for 4 nights as a base for a short holiday in Suffolk, we were in the Regatta room. On the ground floor, it had step-free access which was great for my friend who is struggling to walk. The room was quiet, very clean and comfortable. Tea & coffee making facilities were provided. The bath had a shower over which was easy to use and effective. The twin beds were good, very comfortable and we appreciated the addition of a sheet under the duvet which meant we could dispense with the duvets and just have the sheets as it was a hot spell of weather. Breakfast was served in the pub, there was plenty of choice and the food was great quality. I loved the granola with fruit, yogurt and maple syrup! We had a couple of evening meals in the pub too, both were very good. Tip - avoid the pub on a Thursday evening unless you're a quiz fan - it was very busy indeed! The staff were all superb, so polite and helpful. The location is very convenient, just off the A12 on the main road into Woodbridge. I definitely recommend the Cherry Tree - if you're looking for somewhere to stay in Woodbridge I don't think you could go wrong here.

Room tip: The Regatta and Explorer rooms are on the ground floor, access to the other room is via external stairs.
Date of stay: July 2019