All reviews old building shire hall market square stairs are steep uneven floors cooked to order stayed one night friendly hotel room was large good nights sleep saturday night four poster bed yogurt century corridor
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night in room 2. Street view. Very comfortable bed, good nights sleep. Clean. Refurbed bathroom small but with nice shower. Breakfast excellent. Staff really helpful and friendly especially Danielle. Owner very friendly. Very old listed building so expect uneven floors and steps. Private car park. Good value for money although some areas still need refurbishment. Woodbridge was a lovely place. Would stay overnight again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Mrsbee042, Front office at Bull Hotel - Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Good afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will pass your comments on to the relevant members of the team. As you are aware we are still undergoing our refurbishment and hope to welcome you back when all is finished.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Booked this place because it was very well priced compared to other hotels in the location.

Very friendly staff, good breakfast.

Rooms are a bit run down and there wasn't much atmosphere on a Thursday night in the bar; unless of course you want to stair at a tv showing football with a load of other men away on their own for work. However, I can very much imagine it's a very cosy, atmospheric place on the weekends given the age and history of the building.

Whilst I didn't eat there the menu looked good.

Overall this place what it says on the tin. I'd recommend for work stays but not if looking for five star quality.
I might even consider going with the family if on a budget, but not as a couple looking for luxury and romance.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Mrsbee042, Front Office at Bull Hotel - Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We do understand your comments regarding the building and are currently undergoing a refurbishment. Also the new music system has been put in so that football will be in the back room and music in the bar area.
I look forward to seeing you in the future.
kind regards

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

From walking through the the door.. I could see that my stay would be a positive one, the staff where friendly yet professional and was a very nice complement when the owner came over to wish us a good stay, The room.. Well you have to love a four poster bed. Very clean and comfortable room which just makes it hard to get out of in the morning.. Would recommend highly

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Mrsbee042, Front office at Bull Hotel - Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

The room was tiny with so little space there was no desk to sit at.
The bed was so low to the floor the they may as well or put a mattress on the floor - and a very thin mattress at that.
The food was not great either. I had booked for 3 nights but left after a single night for the holiday inn down the road.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brownaa2

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and the food was not to your standard. We do understand your comments regarding the building and are currently undergoing a full refurbishment. I have passed your comments on to our head chef who will look into the matter. if you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact myself reception@bullhotel.co.uk
I do hope we will see you in the future so you can the changes.
kind regards

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Was not able to leave for nearly an hour due to pub owner parking cars behind others leaving them unable to leave, stay here and you will be staying put!
staff were more than unhelpful leaving my stay a very large disappointment.

Ps. Do not ask manager for help as he will more than likely be rude and aggressive

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank matthew825
Mrsbee042, Owner at Bull Hotel - Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

I believe that this gentleman was not a resident at the hotel, unlike the lady who had parked her car behind his and who was very upset by the aggression and bad language directed at her as well as members of the hotel's staff. Our car park is small and for this reason is only intended for use by residents. We always ask guests to provide us with their registration number on arrival in case of problems. Our staff do their best to assist in getting vehicles moved when they are causing an obstruction but are not always able to do this instantly.