“My Self Funded Stay @ DE Wotton”

De Vere Wotton House
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dorking
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great experience if you choose to stay at Wotton House near Dorking in Surrey. I booked the hotel as i love a touch of luxury. I enjoyed every minute of my stay at this hotel. I am glad I visited Dorking as well and had a tasty coffee and carot cake made freshly at a beautiful ice cream parlour where the bikes were displayed on the walls. I spent a lot of time at the antique shops in Dorking and enjoyed every minute of my visit. In the evening we went back to our beautiful hotel and had drinks and fine dinning style dinner. Although I had funded every thing myself, but still the memories are so precious for me, I will defintely go back to this hotel in near future.

Room Tip: Please choose a room with the view of garden, I can say is a magnificent view regardless of weather.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
GRM_WottonHouse, General Manager at De Vere Wotton House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear florianader,

Thank you for taking the time to review De Vere Wotton House and I am delighted to read you had such a wonderful stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Wotton House again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A beautiful and quirky hotel with amazing grounds to walk in. Great for weddings, afternoon tea, weekend get away, dinner, parties etc.

We had afternoon tea which was really nice and the sandwiches were great. We then had drinks in the bar, dinner and then slept overnight. Bedrooms were lovely. Really recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Clara B,

I am delighted to read you had such an enjoyable afternoon tea in the hotel and I will be sure to share this feedback with all the team in the Restaurant and our Chefs.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Wooton House is an attractive country house approached by a long private drive from the A25. Inside it is well-appointed and consists of many rooms in a rambling arrangement. Our private room was approached through the busy restaurant and made an attractive ambiance. We were impressed by the efficiency and courtesy of the staff. The meal was correctly served on heated plates but was rather disappointing, certainly not worth the cost. The prawn cocktail was of pub standard but the terrine was interesting; The plaice main with spinach was good but the chicken was poor. The sweets were nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GRM_WottonHouse, General Manager at De Vere Wotton House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Colin D,

Thank you for your review and we were delighted to welcome your group to the hotel.

We received many positive compliments on the meal so sorry to read you did not enjoy it as much as the rest of the guests who attended.

I do hope you will visit us again so we ensure you next visit is a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed with my wife for a weekend break. The hotel is quite small so if there is a large wedding party it can be quite noisy and there is nowhere to escape to inside the hotel. Restaurant was good and bad, on our first night our waiter Tom was great (an absolute credit to the hotel) attentive but not intrusive and nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent. The second night the food was not so great, we both had the lamb and asked for medium, which it was not. It was sent back, my wife's dish was better but I think mine had just been moved around the plate and brought back. The restaurant did say they wouldn't charge for the main courses but as we had paid for a package that included dinner this didn't do much for us at all. Service was ok but not as good as the first night.
Wanted to walk around the grounds on Sunday morning as they are meant to be quite impressive, but as they were closed I guess I won't be able to find out.
All in all it is a nice hotel, but like many places struggles if it gets busy.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard M

Dear Richard M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the feedback you have given us.

I am sorry to hear the service in the restaurant was not consistent on both nights of your stay but delighted you enjoyed the food served in our main restaurant. I will be sure to share this review with Tom who is indeed a fantastic member of the team.

Our property sits on 13 acres of grounds so puzzled that you felt the gardens were closed. We also have walking maps available from our reception team, if you want to venture out further and explore the north downs.

The hotel has a number of Weddings throughout the year but we do offer alternative areas to sit if guests want a quieter area to sit and enjoy the stunning gardens.

We do hope you will come and visit us again in you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here as part of s secret escapes deal so I paid a really good price. The surroundings are the first thing that really standout- it's stunning. The rooms are really clean, tastefully decorated and warm. The restaurant for both dinner and breakfast were enjoyable - nice atmosphere and great choice. The aspect that disappointed me was the 'spa'. It was advertised as a spa break but the pool/gym are really shabby and straight out of the 70's. The steam room stank and looked like it was going to fall apart... there was also a fire drill and the lady at the pool reception was more interested in her phone. To the extent that I had to get another poor customer a towel to vacate the building With dignity - then my husband led us to the assembly point. The staff members response 'they never said there was a drill today. I'm new here so I have no idea'. She was also very 'computer says no' when I asked to swap a new £1 for an old one for the locker. Please ensure your staff come into work without last nights party make up on - she was clearly hung over. Interesting how one person with a total of 7 mins interaction can leave such a negative impression.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reillysarah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorking
7.1 km away
12.3 km away
Guildford Harbour Hotel
Guildford Harbour Hotel
#5 of 11 in Guildford

Been to De Vere Wotton House? Share your experiences!