Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$55
PricelineUS$55
Hotels.comUS$55
FindHotelUS$55
TravelocityUS$55
CheapTicketsUS$55
All reviews reception staff were excellent deluxe room nice toiletries comfortable bed air con city centre modern hotel fantastic stay stayed here for nights room service one night stay minute walk mirror gnr soundproofing noise hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2021

Great experience from start to finish. Staff were welcoming, friendly & helpful. Modern, comfortable room that had been finished to a high standard. Great evening meal at the Pizza Dough Co restaurant followed by a delicious top quality breakfast in the morning! Spacious & modern conference room facility met all our needs and a tasty lunch with plenty of choice - couldn't have asked for anymore.

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lainey Westgarth, General Manager at Great North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to read of your high praise and I will share your positive feedback with the team. Many thanks, Lainey Westgarth

Reviewed 9 November 2021 via mobile

Having to attend a funeral in Newcastle so booked a suite (this was booked three weeks prior so plenty of notice was given) for one night (Sunday) as funeral was early the next morning. On arrival, after a very long journey, we were informed that no suites were available and we had to have a deluxe room. Found this hard to believe as it was a Sunday but as were only staying one night, felt we didn’t have much choice. My husband and I both sleep badly and the whole point for booking a suite was having a quiet room as we knew it would be a long day on the Monday with the funeral and long journey back home. The deluxe room allocated was ok, bed was comfortable however the carpet wasn’t particularly clean with crumbs and a hair grip prominent. The shower was not very powerful and I had to dry my hair standing/kneeling on the bed. My make up I had to do on tip toes in the bathroom as there was no mirror apart from the one behind the bed and a tiny one in the bathroom. I understand the hotel has been redesigned but perhaps some thought should have been given to this. The complimentary biscuits were broken and the whole tea/coffee tray had to be moved in order to find a plug socket to boil the kettle. Also had issues with doors banging all night so not a great experience. The breakfast was good however.

I would like an explanation as to why on booking a suite this was not provided as I do not believe the suites were all taken. Very bad service.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lainey Westgarth, General Manager at Great North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2021

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read of your review following your stay with us. I have looked into your feedback and would like to offer an explanation as requested. I understand from speaking with our Reception team, that upon arrival, you requested a room on the second floor facing a certain direction and we advised the only suite we had left was not on the second floor or facing this way however we could offer you a deluxe room which met this criteria, which you opted for. I am very sorry you have left feeling this was bad service, however we only have 4 suites and as we did not know in advance you requested these requirements, we were sadly not able to accommodate this on the day.
In relation to your feedback of the layout of the room-I will be looking into this further and I thank you for brining this to our attention. Thank you kindly for the positive comments regarding our breakfast offering.
I would like to invite you back to experience us a second time and I would personally handle your booking and ensure VIP treatment. Please do contact myself at the Hotel and I will be happy to arrange this for you. Many thanks

Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

Watched the transformation of this site for a few years including the extension to add this hotel to the original Three Mile Inn.

They have done a great job. Lovely modern quality interior. Our room was a suite and, even though I expected it to be a little bigger, it was so nice. Also liked it faced onto an internal courtyard albeit that probably robbed us of a bit of daylight. Really comfortable bed, mini fridge with water, safe, nice toiletries, air con, and robes. Nice and quiet apart from a little noise from the bar up until midnight.

Lots of free parking. Bus stop right outside gets you into the City in around 15 minutes or a taxi for a little over a tenner. Metro station a 5 minute walk away. Given a slightly extended check-out time to help us with plans that morning which was really appreciated.

Really great place and worth staying here if visiting Newcastle as so easy to get into the City.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lainey Westgarth, General Manager at Great North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2021

Thank you for your positive review. We do hope you return to us soon. Remember to book direct for the best rate available. Many thanks

Reviewed 21 October 2021 via mobile

The great Northern hotel has been recently refurbished and looks beautiful. The staff on reception were friendly and welcoming. However this is where it ends unfortunately. The number of minor niggles added up to make the hotel less than satisfactory. I found lots of dust on the bed frame, lots of fluff on the carpet behind the door for a while, and as a lady wanting to do make up for a wedding event there were no usable mirrors. I either had to stand on the bed or kneel on the toilet lid and lean over. And the lighting was very poor so I couldn’t see what I was doing. The soundproofing was not great so we could hear people in the corridors and load music from the bar two floors below. The doors slammed but often failed to lock properly so they would then beep a warning that they weren’t secure. The room cards needed reprogramming after one night as they wouldn’t let us back in for our second night. Winter duvet was on even the room was roasting. Thankfully the air con worked well. And I woke up with a stiff neck because the pillows were not supportive enough. Such a shame because the price was reasonable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank johnandlizb

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read you found your experience to be less than satisfactory. I have taken your comments in relation to cleanliness seriously and addressing this directly with our Head of Housekeeping and team and this will be looked into. In relation to the pillows and duvets-I can only but apologize for them not being to your liking however this is a personal choice to each individual guest. Our internal bedrooms doors have a facility on them to detect if the room has not been secured therefore beeps to notify the person operating it, to fully close the door. This is in place to ensure guest bedrooms are secured at all times. I do hope you would return to us in the future after commenting on reasonable pricing structure and friendly staff and beautiful appearance. Many thanks

Reviewed 11 October 2021

The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant for breakfast were first class being very friendly yet highly professional. Every aspect for excellent customer care has been considered when upgrading this hotel. Top notch facilities in the room including quality television, hair dryer and iron. Brilliant shower and bathroom. Would certainly return.
Just be aware of the noise from the bar below on weekends.

1  Thank Paul H

Thank you for your outstandingly positive review. Please book direct when returning to ensure the best rate available. Many thanks