“Best Chateaubriand Ever”

Ranked #127 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$8 - US$45
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Newcastle offers guests an ultra-modern dining experience. Located at Hotel Indigo on Fenkle Street, it is Marco’s only restaurant in the North East and is hugely popular with the region’s foodies and diners. Serving locally sourced produce, the restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and features a range of regionally inspired daily specials. The restaurant also has a semi-private dining area for special occasions. The lively bar area regularly sees guests enjoying delicious cocktails whilst relaxing with friends, family and colleagues.
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Great service, polite and attentive staff - nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent, the best Chateaubriand i have ever tasted!

MPWNewcastle, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

WOW ! Thank you very much indeed for being our guests and for this wonderful feedback with 5 star rating. The entire team hope they may welcome you again very soon.
Kind regards to you
MPW Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,656)

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Beautiful food, nice surroundings excellent menu, perfect. Book early. Only drawback is the restaurant is in a hotel and some of the guests are not the best. Should put the price up a touch more this should chase them off to the Premier Inn close by.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Ate from the al a carte menu, food was of a very high standard. We shared the Frito misto starter, this was lovely but just a mention that the portion is quite small. We both had the lamb for the main course, this was mouth mention, well presented and tasted absolutely excusite, can't wait to try this again. I went for sticky toffee pudding for desert, my partner the cheese board, both again tasty and well presented. My only criticism is that the wait for desert was very long, and arrived with no apology, due to this I would have gave a 4.5 mark if possible, as the taste was fabulous I did not want to drop it to a 4 star rating, hope this doesn't happen again.

MPWNewcastle, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Wow the entire team wish to thank you very much for having been our guests and for our wonderful rating! May we certainly look forward to welcoming you again!
Kind regards

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I've just had my first visit to Marco's and it was brilliant from the moment the door was opened. The interior so inviting, the staff are so helpful and the food is delicious. It was an amazing experience and one I can't wait to do again we will definitely be back soon and we can't wait to try the dinner service a huge thank you to all the staff for make our visit a great one.

You are most welcome! Yes we look forward to welcoming you again to a second visit perhaps quite rightly to try Dinner Service. May the entire team thank you for their 5 star rating.
Kind regards to you

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Visited as a party of 7 on a Saturday evening. Cocktails in the bar before our meal were lovely and I would come back just to get a Gin O'clock. Service in the restaurant was amazing. The staff were friendly and helpful and didn't rush us while we chatted and made our choices. Bread and olives arrived quickly along with our wine. 5 opted for starters and the prawn cocktail was very light and fresh. I tried some of the French onion soup and it was seasoned perfectly. Just enough time before our mains were served. The steaks were cooked exactly as asked and the lamb dish looked good. Not much room left for pudding but I managed a sorbet and it was a perfect way to finish the meal. 3rd time that I have visited an I can't wait to return.

The team wish to thank you for such positive feedback left to include awarding a 5 star rating..after attending Dinner service here with us. May we hope to see you again very soon.
Kind regards